hell above

It was 5 A.M. when my alarm went off, but I didn't care nor did I complained.
I haven't had sleep this week, insomnia is just one of the things that I suffer from, and if that wasn't enough I also battle with depression and anxiety. Awesome.
I got up and went straight to the bathroom, I grabbed a hidden box behind a pile of clothes and there they were, my razor blades, my sharpener blades and my cigarettes. This morning I had woken up with the desire of cutting but I didn't do it, I knew if they were fresh they'd be redder, therefore people would ask questions and I don't have time to deal with people's bullshit.
I showered, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I went to my closet and picked up the best outfit I could possibly pull together, skinny jeans, a black shirt which said, "fuck you" in the tiniest letters because apparently a shirt that says "fuck you" is way worse than Natalie Donovan and Matthew Evans fucking in the school's bathroom, and a pair of black vans.
I wanted to believe I hadn't succumbed to the tumblr aesthetic shit that the majority of teens think it's cool but I did, and I kinda hated myself for that.
I decided to have some breakfast even though I never do that but I was hungry so I said: "fuck it", I said goodbye to my mom and the moment I got out of my house I thought: "why did I do that? It's not like she fucking cares though".
School was 8 blocks away from home so I had to walk every day or every time my friends didn't pick me up on the way. I plugged in my headphones and started listening to Bring Me The Horizon, I loved that band.
I arrived to school and I saw my friends sitted in a corner talking. These guys were the only people I could trust and kind of like because our school is fucking shit and I hated everybody. They were talking about last night's episode of some show that I absolutely loathed and while they were doing that, I was thinking how would I manage to sneak my phone into 3rd period to watch Game of Thrones. The bell rang and I knew I was going to be around 30 minutes alone during first period because my best friend Jason probably forgot to turn on his alarm clock like he always does. The day to this point had been uneventful.
We sat down and Mr. Warren started writing some shit in the board which seemed like algebra, to be honest I really didn't care.
We were talking about parabolas when the door opened with me thinking that the lazy ass of Jason had finally arrived but it wasn't him. It was a guy we've never seen before, a new student. He introduced himself to the class, his name was Sebastian Lennox and he came from Virginia. I wasn't really listening until Mr. Warren said: "You'll be sitting down next to Mrs. Spencer Fazer for the rest of the semester".
I was shocked, that was my fucking best friend's place and Mr. Warren with his condom looking face thinks he can do that kind shit. I was about to tell him that it was Jason's place when Sebastian flashed a little smile to me and I felt something weird. The class took its course again and 5 minutes later Jason arrived. The day to this point had been eventful.
If only Jason had arrived 5 minutes earlier that day, things would've been so much different.

*Check the first chapter "CAST" for an inside look to nyctophilia's cast!