once

Marc didn't start in their game against Real Madrid. The game didn't end well, it was a draw for both teams, making everyone in the crowd as frustrated as the players.

"Your favorite player is coming this way because?" Dad looked at me, as he pointed at Marc who was in fact walking towards us. "Maybe the kid's lost."

I immediately turned around to try and hide from him. There were thousands of people here, how could he find me? I made sure that the seat we got was well hidden from the span of his eyes. Not unless he had help from his friends.

"Hija, the Bartra guy is standing in front of the stands. Are you guys friends?" Dad asked, with a soft chuckle in his voice. "He's coming this way."

"Umm..I guess we are papa."

He laughed, "You better go talk to him before the fans notice."

I slowly walked down the stairs towards where Marc was standing. He smiled, maybe finally thinking that he won the date he wanted.

"So, I guess you won?" I said in a questioning tone. Marc in return just chuckled. "What now, Bartra?" 

. . .

After the game, I immediately went home to freshen up, as what Marc instructed. He told me to go home first so he too could fix up for our so called "date" and of course, I didn't argue anymore. All I wanted was to get on with it, even though I wanted the moment to last forever. He is my crush, there's no denying.

Marc led me into the restaurant, my cheeks began to heat up as I felt people's gaze land on me and the famous football player, I can only imagine what people are thinking right now. Of course, I was sure people weren't looking at me. I was with the Marc Bartra for goodness sake.

When we arrived, there was no more reservation needed for a famous guy like him. The waiter led us to the balcony area of the second floor. Marc ordered everything for the both of us, but of course, I wanted ice cream so I got ice cream.

We talked for a little while until the food arrived, after that we talked a whole lot more. He was very chatty and it made me happy because someone was actually listening to my stories without being annoyed or bored.

I took another sip of water to calm the nerves. He was making me tensed, the way he looks at my eyes made me weak.

"So, what makes Señora Malia Fontana so special?" Marc asked bravely.

"I'm no one special, but I can fit my whole fist in my mouth." I said trying not to laugh. Of course, I would never show him that talent of mine. It's my little secret.

"You're so weird, I like you." He chuckled, "Anyway, do you have any siblings?"

"I have a younger brother, he loves football but he's a Real Madrid fan. Sad." 

Marc pretended to choke on his water, "What? That's absurd! Where is this brother of yours, I need to meet him right away and convert him!" He exclaimed at the top of his lungs, making other guests look at our side of the table.

"He's in Australia with my mum and--"

Before I could finish talking, a girl started pulling out the extra chair in front of me and Marc and sat on it like she wasn't interrupting someone's date. I feel like I've seen the girl before but I couldn't point out where.

The girl just stared at Marc and smirked, like she was waiting for him to talk to her.

Marc covered his face and grunted in frustration before he started talking.

He stood up and grabbed her wrist, "What are you doing here, Melissa?" He demanded.

Melissa.

She just raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Excuse me? What are you doing here, Marc? Why are you on a date when you should be with me, your girlfriend?"

girlfriend?

I looked at Melissa, then at Marc. The whole girlfriend thing bothered me. He told me he was single? Why didn't he just tell me that he had a girlfriend who was the devil herself? This girl is getting onto my nerves.

Melissa sat down again. "Sit, my dear." She insisted in a sarcastic tone.

"Marc, tell me what's going on." I demanded. "Marc, please!"

He was like a lost boy, his face turned pale, as if he didn't know what to say to the both of us who were waiting for answers that would only come from him.

Marc stood up, "I'll explain soon, im very sorry Malia. Please forgive me, I dont want Melissa to hurt you." His eyes were blurry with tears but he prevented himself and dragged Melissa out of the restaurant.

Leaving me.

Humiliated in front of everyone.

Thank you, Marc Bartra.