2. He was there, too.

Great. My brother was the personal assisstant to Mr. James, Kaden's dad. And even better, he's having dinner here, to talk about business. I wish I could crawl in a hole. I just don't want to get assossiated with him. It's like he gives off this demonic vibe that he owns everything. It's weird.

I sulk off to my room, to sleep. Sleeping is nice. You can just forget everything and relax. But the thing is: I can lucid dream. What is lucid dreaming, you ask? Well, it's where you can control yourself in a dream. It's really cool. Yet, when I do, I get consecutive nightmares.

I'm falling. Wait, I'm falling? Oh, dreaming, right. I see glimpses of memories as I fall. All the pain, the hurt, and the sadness came back. All the beatings, all the bullies. I fell softly into an abyss. Then, this creature with a crooked face came to me. Somehow, its disorientated figure didn't frighten me, but intrigued me. The creature only told me one thing. RUN. Why? Why should I run. It started to disappear and fade. Everything became black, but I saw eyes and a smile. Those green eyes looked familiar. Mom? I walked toward her face. She smiled sadly with a tear rolling down her cheek. I'm sorry. She said I'm sorry? Then something heavy engulfs me. Suddenly I'm in water. And in the reflection of the glass, isn't me. There was a pale girl with tubes attached to her body and in a hospital gown. She had a tear-stained face. Who was that? She had the same black hair as me, but hers was messy and tousled. But her eyes was the same as mine. Was that me? She started to mouth something. "Save me."

My eyes shoot open. My body felt heavy and sweaty. I was breathing heavily. Tristan was at my side, looking concerned.

"You were screaming like crazy, Momo." he whispered, voice cracking almost.

"Tris, I'm fine, don't worry, I just had a weird dream." I breathe, why did I feel so... terrified...?

Suddenly, my face felt wet. Tristan saw that I was crying. He hugged me tightly, as if he was trying to squeeze the pain away. My heart beat so fast, and I felt so scared. But thing was, I didn't know what I was scared of. When my childhood comes back to me, I always become like this. But this time, it wasn't the memories that frightened me. It was something else. When I say that my childhood scarred me, I mean it. I would carry my scars all my life. But what was it that was bugging me?

"Tris. I'm fine. Let me go." I creak.

He puts his hands on my shoulders, "Still won't let me in?" he sighs.

I shake my head. Even though Tristan helps me get through things with his inspiring comments, I've never told him my story of bad events. During middle school he was always out with friends, so he barely knew what was going on in the house. He only saw me not speaking, pale, in my "broken state", once. In my broken state, I cannot speak for days, I go pale and my lips turn purple. It's like a defense mechanism for my heart and body. It's like if I take too much, I turn into that state, and I can't move. It's like I'm dead for days. Because, the heart can only take so much.

I slip off my bed, ignoring Tristan's pleas to tell him what I dreamed of. That girl... Was that me? Am I going to be severely injured or something in the future? But, physically, or ... mentally? Gah, this dream is so confusing.

School felt slow somehow. I thought about all the homework I have to do now. Meh. I hate school. I'm good at it, but I hate it. Weird combo. Guess what. I see a black Mercedes slowing besides me. Guess who's inside? You guessed! Kaden James the "narcissitic bastard."

"Hey nerd, need a ride?" he asks nonchalantly.

I am officially confused by the gesture. Maybe he's trying to be nice. Or I'm his next target. GOD I'm paranoid.

"Kaden James is asking me for a ride?" I spit.

"Yes, Monet, I am." he cooes, while doing his oh so famous smirk.

I involuntarily blush at him saying my actual name and look away. He chuckles at me, and motions me in. Well, it is getting cloudy. Oh, it won't hurt to try. I cautiously slip in the car, and keep my head down. I really don't want to look at his grey eyes. They are intimidating to me. But, unconsciously, I look up at him. He looks at me in a side glance, and I get lost in those god damn eyes. I feel this distant attraction to him, yet his whole persona just makes me want to vomit.

"So, do you know where I live, somehow, because maybe you're some type of closet stalker?" I scoff, imagining the mere idea of it.

"Nerd, I have seen the school roster. Remember? My aunt is kind of the principal at our school? And I thought you were smart." He snaps.

"Exuse me? I am smart, and how should I know that your aunt is the principal of our school, I'm not a closet stalker like you." I growl at him. God, this man is so insensitive and infuriating.

"Touche." He mumbles. I smile at my victory. He smiles a bit too. And I get out my phone and snap a picture of him.

"Why'd you do that?" he asks.

"You smiled. And I like taking pictures of people who smile." I laugh.

-------

"We're here." he says, snapping his fingers in front of me.

I blink and thank him for the ride, as I slip out of the car. As expected, it's raining, so I run into the apartment building. But I do the unexpected to him, you know just to play with his mind. I turn around as he watches me in the doorway, and smile genuinely at him. I see his eyes widen and a slight blush on his face. Have I seen his cute side? Oh, this is terrific. I spin back around and run through the door. I wonder what he thought of that.

But I try looking for my phone and I don't find it there... Where'd it go? I run back outside and find it in the middle of the street. Well, it's not smack dab in the middle.

I run out in the street and pick it up, but I a screech and a honk. My eyes widen as the car hits my sid-

Everything turns black.