6. Sleepover

My god. You have no idea what's in me. Oh, Kaden. I'm sorry.

I'm a knife. But, I don't want to hurt you.

~

"I'm sorry, all we can do for you right now is a medicine."

My eyes widen. That's all?

"You are not the best candidate for surgery due to the weakness."

No use for a good one on a hopeless cause, I guess.

Now, you're wondering, what is happening. Well, I can't tell you just yet.

~

I walk back home from that stupid meeting. Gosh, people nowadays.

As I open the door, Shane greets me with Peach on his head. I laugh heartily, all my troubles washed away. He smiles at me as I keep laughing. He looked so cute! I can't believe he is the same brother seven years ago.

I see Tris cooking dinner, and he glances at me, "How was the meeting?" he asks with concern.

"Boring as always, apparently they can't do anything except give me this weird medicine." I sigh as I hold up the bottle.

Shane looks weirdly at me, and asks, "Medicine? For what?"

I stare at him. Oh, right, he doesn't know about my heart disease.

Shane stares intently at me as if he is wondering if I'm going to elaborate.

I sigh, "A year after dad and you left, I collapsed in the orphanage Tristan and I was living in. When they took me to the hospital, I found out I had a rare cancerous heart tumor in my atrium, and I might be prone to coronary artery disease due to my anxiety. Apparently, they can't have surgery because of the closeness to the heart. Ever since I have numerous visits to the hospital for a check-up."

Shane's eyes widen, tears spurt from his eyes, "Did I...?" he squeaks.

I realize what he is asking, and smile.

"No, you didn't cause it." He sighed with relief. Shane walks up and hugs me.

"I'm so sorry I left." He sobs. I want to cry, but I keep it in and just hug Shane back. Tris looks at us with teary eyes.

~

I wake up. I get ready. Honestly, high school was kind of a drag, but I want to go to college and help out Tristan soon. And Shane. My phone beeps. I open it:

Good morning, nerd, skipping school today, like last time?

-k

Oh, Kaden, why the hell are you texting me so often now? I furrow my brow as I text back.

Wasn't planning on it

-M

Sure.

-k

I walk out of the apartment complex. I start walking and reading a book.

I feel a weird blowing on the ear and scream. Turning around, Kaden comes into my vision. He smirks and laughs. I stick my tongue out at him. This somehow became accustomed to me. Walking to school with the school's bad boy. Now that just sounds weird.

"Yo, nerd," he says as he walks beside me.

"I'm not the only nerd here." I laugh, "You must be so bad to get straight A's in your classes."

He cocks an eyebrow, "How'd you know?"

I smirk and run. I didn't tell him that I accidentally saw his grades while talking to one of the teachers.

He smiles and shakes his head.

As we got to the school, I feel glares from the typical popular girls who so obviously want to screw Kaden, I mean, why else would they be so indecent?

"Oh look, freak is trying to get close to Kaden to get some. Didn't know you liked that type?" A girl says who I have no idea what her name is.

As I am about to defend myself, Kaden angrily says, "Hey leave her alone, sluts."

I walk away as they crowd around him, trying to get in his pants. Gross. Why, is high school like this?!

~

The school was becoming tedious for me, and I don't know why I never felt like this. Jeez, ever since Kaden came along, school has been boring. Like, he just makes life more interesting.

I sigh, as I do homework. My phone rings, the caller is Kaden. Seriously?!

I angrily press ignore. The phone rings again. I press ignore.

It rings AGAIN. I angrily answer, "WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU WANT?!"

"Just hear me out."

"Leave me alone."

"Can I come ove--."

"No," I say boredly.

"Come on, Monet!" I hate it when he says my name.

"No."

"I just got kicked out of my house, pleas-"

"No."

"Would you stop interupti--"

"No."

"For godsake Monet, just lis-"

"No."

I was really angry, I hate it when people interrupting me when I do homework. Tristan learned his lesson for that.

"Please?!" He sounded really desperate.

I roll my eyes.

"I will give you three stacks of Oreos tomorrow."

My mouth waters.

"Oh, fine!"

"Yeah! See you!"

Great, now I have to tell my broth-. OH GOD, I HAVE TO TELL MY BROTHERS!

~

A/n: Short chappy.

Vote

Comment

Follow