Chapter 14- Be alright

Pic is of Reggie's mom played by Viola Davis.

Enjoy.

Reggie POV

Her voice interrupted everything. The sound of the shock and surprise in her voice ruined everything. A part if me was relieved, she knew now, but the way she found out...
---
"Oh shit." I mutter to myself. We were caught, and there was no denying it. My eyes were closed, forced tightly shut. I hoped secretly this was a dream and that when I woke up it was all a dream. But I opened my eyes and saw Zo looking up at me with expectant and confused eyes. I release a deep breath and lower myself to his ear. "Go in the room." I whisper to him and turn towards my mom.

"Ma," I begin, walking over and reaching out to grab her hand. She pulls back and a look of anger covers her face. I know she's mad, but all I can do is talk to her and hope she understands. She shakes her head in confusion and continues eyeing Zo from behind me and I look back, gesturing him to go into the room one last time before focusing on my mom once again.

She walks off and I chase behind her, reaching out for her hand. She snatches it away from me and turns back to me.

I could see the look in her eyes, it was a mix of being hurt, saddened and shocked all at the same time. It hurt me that I was a cause of this look considering all I had done to make her and my little sister happy.

"Just talk to me." I beg, looking deep into her eyes and pleasing with my all. I had to talk to her and get her to listen. She was my only reason I did what I did, her and my little sister. I needed her to still be be with me, as if nothing had happened.

She shook her head, denying the chance to talk, to explain what she had just witnessed.

"He can't stay here,"she begins and I interrupt.

"Ma! What you mea-"

"He can't stay here. He has to go, I can't have that type of stuff around Nyla."

My face scrunched up in confusion, what was she talking bout? What did he have to do with Nyla? At this point of time I had no idea what she meant about she can't have that type of stuff around Nyla. I had done everything in my power to make sure Nyla and my mama was Ok, so what the fuck was she talking bout?

"I'm sorry Reggie he just can't." She whispers, looking down and I notice a tear fall from her eye. A part of me was sad and I wanted to comfort my mom, but the anger overthrew those feelings. After all I had did, putting my life on the lime and going out on the streets so that they could live happily, live care free and this was what I get for doing what I want for once?

I walked off, not caring that for whatever reason, she was crying and went into my room.

I grab my Lacoste carrier bag and start to grab some clothes, then I go in the closet and grab the stacks of money I had hidden away.

Zo is sitting on the bed looking confused and shocked at the same time.

"Get yo stuff and get ready." I demand, still packing. If she wanted him to leave then fine, I'd leave too. I sure as hell wasn't going to just put him out like a stray dog.

I look over and see him packing rapidly and I zip up the bag full of clothes and money. When I look over I notice his body shaking and I hear the tiny whimpers escaping from his mouth.

I walk up behind him wrapping my hands around and leaning my head on his shoulder. I already knew what he was crying for, he had overheard us.

"I c-can go, you don't have to leave for me." He whispers, wiping at his tears. I turn him around and face him towards me.