CHAPTER 16

Bryer to the side->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

The cold wind cresses my frozen cheek sending a shiver up my spine. I pull up my black hood, hoping that it will help; only the strong breeze blows it back down.

"Hey! Leo wait up!" the slightly deep voice call behind me. I do as he says and pause.

 The hard pounding of shoes to asphalt comes up behind me. Two slightly bony warm arms wrap around me.

"Hey Henry." I greet him with a small smile.

Henry let's go of my waist and the cold returns. We both make our way to the large gym.

"Having to take PE sucks! Although it kinda fun watching all the guys change." He laughs and pulls open the glass door.

The warm air rushes past me and a small smile appears on as my cheeks tingle from the sudden change in temperature.

"Come on Leo, we gotta go get changed! Mr. Philips said were gonna play dodge ball. I’m freaking beast at that game!" He grins mischievously and rubs his hands together, " I can't wait to see their surprised faces as the ball hits them!” He pulled me into the changing room, we had gotten to the gym early so we were the only ones there, and he starts pulling his clothes off. I blush a little and look away then start doing the same.

"Hey look it’s the two of the school's fags!" The same boy who said I look like a girl snickers. The group behind him laughs along, the only exception being a short brown hair blue eyed boy who looked even more like a girl than I do. His pointy noes scrunched up at the gang of laughing boys.

"That's not very nice!" He protests in a soft voice that could easily unheard, however it was.

"What! You think being like them is okay?" The group of guys face him.

"W-well yeah...I mean I don't see anything wrong with it..." he messes nervously with his hands and stares at his feet.

The guy scoffs in disgust, "You know if your brother knew you supported this he'd pound the shit out of you!"

"M-my brother wouldn't hurt me!" His blue eyes fill with tears. "He told me that himself!"

"Yeah well your brother isn't known for telling the truth now is he?"

"Boys!" Mr. Phillips arrives at the door. "Are you going to stand there and do nothing or get dressed so we can play dodge ball?"

A smirk appears on the rude boy's face, "Yes sir, we were only talking."

Mr. Phillips nods and returns to whatever he was doing before.

Henry and I are one of the last to leave the changing room, the only other person being the small boy who stood up for us.

"Hey wait!" Henry calls as the blonde opens the heavy blue door. The boy stops and stares up at us with his somehow familiar shinny big blue eyes.

"Yes?" he replies in the same soft tone as before.

"Thanks for...thanks for standing up for us. Not a lot of people have the gut to do that." Henry says a hint of nervousness in his voice.

A wide grin appears on the boy's face, "Your welcome."

"What's your name?" Henry asks smiling back.

"Oh! Bryer Williams."

My eyes widen, "You mean you're Dalton's little brother?"