A slap and a feeling of disgust

Still not edited.... Sorry for the long wait.
--------------------------------------

"I don't know," Tsubasa answered honestly. She wanted answers to the questions, she had been asking herself since she was a child, but at the same time she feared the answers. She feared losing sight of herself.

"But it seems like I don't have a choice," Tsubasa said and pointed upwards, a helicopter nearing them with haste. Even if she wanted to escape, it proved quite impossible when a horde of cars surrounding them. A bunch of people stepped out in black suits and stood a good distance from them, ensuring they wouldn't run.

When the helicopter landed, two men emitted and with hurried step they approached Tsubasa. Tamaki and the rest stood protectively in front of Tsubasa.

"Tsubasa, remember, we are always on your side." Tamaki said as he glanced at her from the corner of his eye, his figure blocking her from the man supposed to be her father. She calmly sidestepped out of Tamaki's reach and strutted towards him. She stopped shortly and with one quick motion slapped him, his head turning due to the force. A red mark began to spread on his cheek. He lifted a hand to his now wounded cheek, his eyes wide with surprise.

"I'm not going to lie and say that was for my mother. That one was for robbing me of the life I should have lived. A normal life with a normal family. A life where I didn't have to glance at the clock all the time, a life where I had friends and could go to school  as a girl normally. Of course, being like a boy has become a part of me and I don't regret my choice, but I wouldn't have had to make the choice if you were present."

"My apologies," Atticus said regretfully in a quiet voice as he looked at her. He tried to keep his facial expression neutral to not burden her further, but still, pain and regret flared in his eyes and on his face.

"I know there's two sides to a coin and umpteen sides to a story. So tell me and I'll judge, because that's what humans do." Just by listening to her, a ghost of a smile appeared on his face. He tried to keep his face clear of any emotions but pride burst through and his eyes shone with happiness. Her intelligence certainly wasn't for show.

The group of people moved to a nearby restaurant with a nice view of the sea. Of course, there were already other guests seated, but with one call from Yuzuki Suoh and that was taken care of (with money). Atticus and Tsubasa sat opposite of each other and closest to the window, while everyone else sat at a separate table as if they were audience at a theatre.

"I was married to a woman named Katerina and have a son with her, but she passed on and I met your mother. Your grandmother, Anastasia opposed of our relationship so we had to meet in secret. That was when we had you. She promised to approve of our relationship if I didn't speak nor saw your mother for a year. I just hadn't foreseen that she would be cruel enough to spin a bunch of lies by tampering with pictures of my previous wife. My guess is that Sakurako-san thought I had remarried a noble lady. Your grandmother even went as far as to threaten Sakurako-san's parents, enabling her to return. She must have been incredibly stressed, insecure and sad to have done," he stopped, took a deep breath before continuing. She glanced at his face, the corners of his eyes were red, even his nose was tinted with the same colour.

"To have done such a thing.." He whispered almost inaudible to the ear, but she had heard it and she let out a cold scoff as she rolled her eyes. She clenched her left hand which was placed on the table and bit the corner of her lip. 'Calm down', she thought to herself. Tsubasa had promised herself to remain calm no matter what, but it proved to be more difficult than she had imagined. She found his sympathy for her mother irritating, she found everything he did as irritating. So what if he knew of her situation, everyone could recite the resume the police had written on her case, but not many, and in Tsubasa's opinion could understand what it felt like or imaging it.