Chapter 4

-- Bianca --

.

Bip, bip, bip... I moaned while turning of the alarm. We only had half an hour before Maxime would pick us up to bring us to the airport.

As it was early, we skipped the breakfast step. We got dressed before really finishing our suitcases. At seven o'clock sharp, there was a knock on the door. I tried to smile despite the heavy weight I had on my chest. My friend grabbed two of our suitcases and brought them to the trunk of his car. Salomé went to bring the keys to our proprietor while I was taking place on the front seat of the car.

.

The journey was made in an almost full silence, if it wasn't from the sound of the radio. Once we got there, Salomé took our things and let me speak one on one with Maxime for a few moments. He held me in his arms. My eyes filled with water while I had my head laying against his shoulder, for the last time in a while. I looked at his face and surprised his sad and full of tears eyes.

"Don't cry Max" I told him. "We'll see each other again. I swear ! Please... I already feel bad enough to leave you here, don't show me how much if affects you..."

"I just can't believe it, Bianca. You're more than my best friend... You're like my little sister. And I can't... In fact... I don't want to believe that you're spreading your wings before me. That I won't be sure if you're really doing okay. That I won't be here to protect you..."

Dozens of salty pearls were now running on my cheeks. I couldn't contain them. Max too had his look misty.

"Thanks for always being there."

"I always will" he ended.

I stayed for a few moments in his arms, arms that I would miss so much. I took a step back, kissed his cheek one last time while ruffling his hair, which made him laugh, before turning away and leaving toward the airport. "Don't turn around" I kept on telling myself.

I didn't succeed. My look sunk one last time in his incredible brown eyes. I noticed a tear running on his cheek while he was getting inside his car.

.

Salomé was already in line to register our luggage. I passed under the gates to join her. The waiting was short since it was quite early. We went through the security in a mere nothing of time.

The customs were a bit more of a problem. I had a case because I had slapped that girl, more than a month ago. I argued, flirted a bit. Luckily, it was a young man, otherwise, it wouldn't have worked. We entered the restoration zone jumping like nuts. We took our breakfast in a small bistro.

We talked while laughing, smiling. We paid and then went to sit on some bench, facing the plate glass window so we could see the planes going up. While I was staring at the sky, in silence, my best friend to my side, my bracelets fell lower on my wrists, leaving my scars in the open. I only noticed when I heard Salomé telling me in a tone of reproach :

"Biance... Mind explaining, maybe ?"

I got out of my daydreams to look at her.

"Explain what ?"

"This !" She exclaimed while grabbing my wrist and shoving it to my face.

I swallowed. I saw it in her eyes that she was mad I hid this to her.

"I didn't wanted to impose you that, I didn't wanted to worry you...

"You didn't wanted to worry me ?" she started to scream, making people turn around us. "Good job ! It worked ! How do you want me to leave you alone after that ? To think you might be doing it again !"