Chapter Three

Sorry if this is short!!!!!

Raven's POV

____________________________________________________________________________

I closed and locked our door, a soft click echoing in the silence that had encased us since walking away from Roman and Alaric. Phoenix hadn't said a single word to me as we had walked down the hallway back towards our room, and that had me slightly worried.

I stood facing the door, still holding the doorknob tightly, reluctant to face Phoenix, but unsure as to why that was. Taking a deep breath to try and calm my nerves, I slowly unclenched my hand, releasing my grip on the doorknob. I turned around slowly to find Phoenix starring at me only a few feet away. I jumped, startled, because I hadn't expected him to be so close. My hand flew up to my chest as I pressed myself against the door. "Jesus Phoenix! You scared the crap outta me!" I exclaimed, only to see him frown at my reaction. "Hey what's wrong? You haven't said a single word to me since we met Roman and Alaric." I cautiously took a step forward, desperate to understand why he was acting the way he was.

"You like him." His words stopped me in my tracks.

"What are you talki-" I started to say to only have him cut me off.

"I saw the way you were looking at him, Raven." I watched as his face twisted into a look of betrayal.

"Who?" I asked, even though I didn't have to. I knew who he was talking about, but he had completely misunderstood the way I had looked at him. It wasn't because I liked him, I didn't even know him, it was because....well I didn't know why.

"Roman. And he likes you, too, or at least he's interested in you." I couldn't tell if he was going to go into a fit of jealous rage or fall to the ground crying, but either way I wasn't going to let him think I was interested in Roman, because I wasn't, and I never would be.

I closed the remaining space between us, stepping right in front of him. I reached up and grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer to me. "I have no idea what you're talking about Phoenix, but I love YOU. There will NEVER be anyone else for me, only you." I whisper heatedly, starring him deeply in the eyes.

I felt rather than saw him take a deep breath before his body started to relax against mine. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me up against him, as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine softly. "Promise me. Promise you won't leave me..." He spoke softly, his lips brushing mine with every word.

My heart clenched, and my eyes stung with tears as I heard the desperation in his voice. "I promise..." I breathed out as he pulled away to look me in the eyes again, searching for the truth. I loved him with everything I had, with every breath I took. He was the other half of my soul, and the thought of not spending the rest of my life with him hurt so badly I tried not to think of us not being together.

"I love you so much, Raven. Please don't leave me. Don't give up on us." His voice was low, raspy, as he tried to swallow his tears. He pressed his face into the crook of my neck, placing soft open mouthed kisses against my racing pulse.

"Never." I whispered tightly as the tears I was trying so hard to hold in, slid down my cheeks. I hated that I was crying, I always seemed to be crying lately, I just wish I knew why. Okay, I knew why, I just didn't want to admit it. It felt like no matter what we did, there would always be something or someone standing in the way of our happiness. No matter where we went, no one would ever accept our love for each other, and there wasn't anything we could do about it. All I wanted was to be like normal couples, I wanted to go out in public and hold Phoenix's hand, to kiss him whenever I wanted. I wanted to get married and have kids and grow old with him. Unfortunately, as much as I tried to picture my life playing out the way I wanted it to, all I could ever see was endless amounts of heartbreak.