Chapter 2 - Broken

Harry's P.O.V 

I would take a girl home with me almost every other night. But never an unconscious one. Girls with short skirts, drunk and giggling. Not a silent, sober one. 

I drove through the town to my appartment, sometimes glancing in the mirror to check on the beaten girl on the back seat. I could already hear the gossiping voices tomorrow; "Harry took her home!"

"No, he beat her up!"

"He saved her life!"

"He knocked her out!"

Turning the corner down my road, A familiar tune came on the radio, I hummed along as if a stranger wasn't laying in the back of my car, no clue to what was happening or where she was. 

We arrived at my place, Delilah hadn't moved the whole journey. I picked her up gently, my focus turning to the injuries on her face. Her eyelashes flickered as I carried her up the stairs, I took her small movement as a good sign. 

I tried my best to open the door with a knocked out girl in one arm and after a minute of cussing at the door, it opened. I immediately took her to my room, carefully lying her on my bed with a blanket before I took 2 pills from the bathroom cabinet, filled a glass of water from the tap and put them on the dresser next to her. 

My apartment was too big for one person, for some reason I had 3 bedrooms but as no on stayed in them, I decided to transform them into different things, one being a music room with a piano and guitar.

I'm not a typical, teenage, messy boy. I prefer to have things clean and organized, my apartment was pretty spotless. My parents bought me it as a 19th birthday present. At the time I had been dating a girl called Natalie for a year, but something happened.

She was like the daughter my mum never had, my Dad was fond of her aswell. Both my parents had high hopes that Natalie and I would settle down together, that's why my apartment was bought so big. 

I sat down on the sofa with half a pizza left over from last night and watched some American soap, time flew by pretty quickly and before I knew it, it was 5pm. I found myself drifting off into a sleeping slumber on the couch. 

Delilah's P.O.V 

The unfamiliar bed below me held my aching body. Trying to sit up, a pounding headache sent me lying back down. Unforgetable memories of the morning came flashing back. 

*flashback* 

"Please stop..." 

Another punch was threw at me by the repulsive boy standing before me, the brother of an abusive boyfriend. 

"Please James..." A raspy whisper was all my mouth could produce, I could already feel the bleeding cut form on my lip. 

"Why have you been avoiding Derek? Are you too good for him?" 

"He.. he hurts me James, can't you understand that?" 

"Selfish bitch!" 

My defenseless body came tumbling down to the cold tiled floor before a hard kick pushed into my stomach, it was only a matter of time before I'd be dead. So I hoped.  

"WHO THE FUCK IS IN THERE?" 

An anonymous voice called out from outside, part of me hoped I would die before they could save me. The pain I was in was unbearable, my entire body was bruised, bleeding or cut. 

"Aw baby, looks like somebodys come to rescue you." 

A final punch was thrown before I passed out.

My last thought was that I wouldn't wake up.

*now* 

The tears falling from my sore eyes were uncontrollable, I looked around the strangers room noticing various folders and books, a copy of the novel we were studying in English lay on an incredibly tidy desk. At least I knew the stranger who had taken me home with him, assuming it was a boy by the folded boxer shorts and other laundry items neatly stacked on the desk chair.

I took some pills which had been mysteriously set on the dresser before standing up, ignoring the dizzy sensation which tried to force me back down. 

I dared myself to look in the mirror, knowing I'd regret it as soon as I looked. I slowly limped over to the wall it hung on, my eyes closed as I stood infront of it, scared to see the result. 

After preparing myself for a moment, I opened my eyes, revealing the horror that stared back at me. My reflection was what I felt; broken, pathetic and ruined. 

My tear-stained cheeks hid a swollen purple mark and a fresh cut. Below my eyes was turning blue and my nose had a thin, dried line of blood which stretched onto my lip where as predicted, was slit open at the bottom. 

I dread to think what my dress was hiding, I could already feel it but I didn't what to see it. 

Without thinking, I quietly left the room, desperate to get out of this house.

{ Hope you enjoyed this chapter! It is dedicated to TheOriginOfLove2013. Her stories are literally amazing and she is a brilliant writter! Please vote! ♡ }