1

"Alright, I'll be home soon." I told my mother, as I walked out of school.
"Be careful... I don't like you walking alone." She complained.
"Well, if you and dad just got me a car... I wouldn't have to." I laughed.
It's true. I did perfect on my drivers test, and proved that I am a safe driver. But having two worry-warts like my parents, they kept changing the subject whenever I even mentioned having a car.
"Don't start now, Emma. I'll see you at home."

It was hot outside, but the cool wind made the temperature perfect.
I couldn't wait until school was over and I could have a break from walking 20 minutes total everyday.
Or better yet, if I actually got a car. I was the only 17 year old who didn't have a car. All of my friends got theirs at 16.

Feeling my mouth water, I opened my bag and searched for my water bottle.
It wasn't there.
Sighing I put my hand over my eyes to block out the sun as I searched for a water fountain.
Finally, I found one.
Grabbing my bag I ran over to the fountain.
It was in a park. Well, an abandoned park. But the park was closed a couple months ago, and teens still always hang out here.

Pressing the button, clear and cold water squirted up.
Relieved I began drinking, my body cooling down from the sun.
"Excuse me?" Said a deep voice behind me.
Turning back I wiped my mouth.
A guy stood in front of me. He was tall, and from the look of it handsome.
He had a nice body, and good features, with light brown shaggy hair.
He had a perfect symmetrical face, with big brown eyes. 
I immediately recognized him.
He was Max.
Max and I were friends since childhood.
We didn't speak much once high school started, but we always say hi when we see each other.
"Max?! Hey." I smiled.
"Hey." He said nervously, watching me intently.
"What's up?"
"Oh nothing. I just saw you and wanted to say hi." He laughed.
"I was just trying to get some water," I laughed, "how are you?"
"I'm doing fine, thank you. And how are you?"
"Good." I smiled.
"Good. Well, I'll see you around." He grinned, shoving his hand in his pockets as he twirled around, walking away.
That was an awkward conversation... But it was nice to say hi to someone... I guess.

At home, I ran up to my room and collapsed on my bed.
I was tired, and I just wanted to sleep...
As I began to drift off, homework popped into my head.
I could never sleep knowing I have so much homework due.
Sitting up I pulled out my textbooks and worksheets from my bag. Pulling out a pencil I began to drown myself in the text.

I woke up to the ringing of my phone.
Sticking my head up from a text book, I looked at the time on my alarm.
8:24 P.M.
Sighing, I grabbed my phone to answer it.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hey Emma. Did you do the science homework yet?" My friend Kayla asked.
"Hey. And yeah, I think."
"What do you mean you think?"
"My brain is just very fuzzy. Sorry."
"It's alright. Maybe you should get some sleep."
"I was sleeping," I laughed, "anyway, guess who I ran into today?"
"Who?"
"Max."
"Creepy yet hot Max?"
"Yeah... Wait why creepy?"
She sighed. "You don't notice it?"
"Notice what..."
I was beginning to feel nervous.
"He's always staring at you. Literally.
At lunch he gawks over you like he owns you or something. It's creepy as shit."

What did she mean? I never noticed him staring at me like that. And even if he did, what's the big deal? As long as he isn't doing anything.
"So?" I said.
"That... Doesn't bother you?"
"Eh."
"Emma, he's like obsessed with you." She warned, her voice shifting to a darker pitch.
I laughed nervously, not knowing what to say. Was she right? Or just jealous? I mean, girls practically gawked over his looks. She did too.
"I'm serious!" She laughed.
Before I could respond, my doorbell rang.
Pausing, I slipped off my bed and walked up to my window.
Peering outside, all I could see was darkness.
"What's wrong?" Kayla asked.
"Someone just rang the doorbell." I distressed, as I made my way down the staircase.
"What? Maybe it's your brother."
"I don't know. Stay on the phone with me." I asked her, my legs shaking.
"Of course."