Chapter 1

e pieces of paper into his face. He looked over to Simon who was watching him apologetically, at least having the decency to look slightly ashamed for even agreeing to the bet on both of their behalves. Especially when Alec wasn't even around to stop him.

The archer sighed as he held his hand out to the small bundle in his brother's hand. While counting, he let out a pained groan, nodding towards Simon.

"Sorry... I didn't think he could-" Alec shook his head "This is Jace we're talking about. If he wanted to, he could get the numbers of more than ten people within that time." Alec cut him off, knowing that many were keen on spending time with Jace Wayland, Captain of the Football team.

Jace smirked slightly, pointing out the dreaded form, which was part of the bet.

"I can't believe that I have to do this..." Alec mumbled under his breath, taking the sheets from his brother and handing one over to Simon.

Before he could start reading it out though, he was engulfed into his sister's arms. "You're doing this? You're actually doing this!" she called out, a wide grin on her lips, "My brother, part of something fashion related, I thought I'd never see the day!"

Alec rolled his eyes "Aren't you supposed to be on my side in these kinds of things?" he asked, frowning.

"Oh, Alec, I am. I'm going to be your personal stylist."

Alec hadn't thought that this day could become even worse though he obviously was wrong.

"You're my what?"

"Your personal stylist, Alec. Don't act like you don't need one. You know, if you weren't wearing... that... you'd probably outrun Jace for hottest male on campus within a few seconds."

"Hey, watch what you're saying, Izzy!" Jace intervened with a small chuckle, watching in amusement as Alec buried his head in his hands. "Remind me, why do I spend time with all of you?" he asked, annoyed.

"Oh come on, Alec. Don't be such a buzzkill." Isabelle grinned at him, throwing back her dark locks, "I mean you'll be able to meet new people and I've heard that this years judges are going to be Magnus and his friends."

"Magnus Bane?" Jace asked, a laugh falling from his lips, while Alec watched in confusion. He had heard of the man before though never actually saw him. He did know though that his sister would spend time with him every now and then, apparently discussing cosmetics.

Whenever she came back from those meetings, she'd always have glitter all over her clothes, making Alec wonder what they've actually been up to.

He had asked her once, trying to be as subtle as possible, which wasn't much in his case but the only answer he got was: "You can't go near Magnus Bane without becoming his canvas of glitter."

Alec thought it sounded simultaneously as aesthetic and at the same time as stupid as any sentence ever could. He hadn't asked a second time either.

Alec shrugged "So? What's so special about him then?" he asked, tilting his head slightly, voice laced with annoyance.

"Magnus Bane basically is the queen of this whole school when it comes to fashion." Simon called out, looking at Alec as though he was an idiot for not knowing, "He and his friends are insanely popular."

The oldest Lightwood only scrunched up his eyebrows. "I thought you two were the insanely popular ones." he said, looking at his siblings.

Jace smirked "We totally are, man but Magnus and his group.. Well, everyone calls them Immortal Friends because they basically are legends here." before he could elaborate on that, Simon interrupted, ready to give them every bit of information he had on them, which, judging from his expression, was a lot.