6.

Hours later, Delocray and Savannah met back at the alley way. The blues of the sky had sunken to a deep purple.

"That was amazing." Savannah smiled at Delocray.

He chuckled. "I wanted you to see the better side of the Second Plane, to see my world as it ought to be seen."

"It's certainly something special." Savannah gazed up at the sky. Delocray took her hand with his own.

"If you close your eyes and focus, we'll be back in the First Plane."

Savannah nodded, shutting her eyes. The street music faded along with the spices. They were replaced by distant car horns and smoke. Opening her eyes, she blinked. They were back in the alley. The sun had set, leaving only street lights and Delocray's soft glow to illuminate them. A chill ran through the air. Earlier clear, now clouds rolled over the sky. The humidity had peeked. It would rain that night. Savannah glanced to Delocray.

"I should get going. My dad is probably freaking out; I kind of ditched school today."

"I'll walk you there." Delocray offered, squeezing her hand. She gripped his hand tighter. Together, they left the alley.

They were half-way to the church when Savannah decided to take a detour to a nearby park. It was small, but had two swings, a teter-totter, a slide, some monkey-bars, and a sandbox. Savannah grabbed two sodas from the pop machine across the street before sitting down on one of the swings. Delocray joined her on the swing set. His tail wrapped around then yellow, plastic chains. She handed him the second purple can.

"Grape." she said as he flipped the can over. He sniffed the lid before snapping the top open. Carbon bubbles shot up his nose. With a gasp, he jerked back. A giggle escaped from Savannah as she watched. Cautiously, he took a sip. He pulled the can away from his mouth, licking his lips.

The wind pushed the swings beneath them. Steel workings of the set groaned. Rattling from the chains of Delocray's necklace accompanied the sound. Savannah fiddled with the cross of her rosary, enjoying the hush of the city. She loved the way the city became silent just before a storm. The air becoming heavy and thick with anticipation, like it knew a secret, was refreshing. Savannah wasn't ready to go back to the church yet. There was still so much to learn about the Second Plane, and Delocray was willing to teach her.

A ring from a bicycle bell cut through the air. Savannah's gaze shot up. Riding passed on a green mountain bike was Ashly.

"Vanna!" she called out.

Savannah swore under her breath. She'd forgotten about leaving Ashly.

"Over here." Savannah yelled, waving her hands. "Sorry." she whispered to Delocray. He smiled weakly.

Ashly slammed on her bike brakes, coming to a screeching halt. Jumping off, she ran over to Savannah, tackling her.

"Where were you?" Ashly asked, grabbing Savannah's shoulders. Worry creased her brow. Savannah bit the inside of her lip.

"It's okay." Delocray said. Ashly couldn't see or hear him, despite her ability to sense the supernatural. The only way for her to see Delocray was if he entered the First Plane or Savannah brought her to Purgatory. "Go home and rest. I'll be back later." He started to walk away.

"No!" Savannah shouted, whipping around to stop Delocray. She wasn't ready yet. He remained where he was.

"No what?" Ashly asked, "Did something happen?"

"No." Savannah exclaimed, turning back to Ashly. "I mean yes, I-"

"Savannah! Thank God we found you. Do you know how much of a panic Father Crossheart is in?" Jericho came jogging around the corner. Savannah stood straighter, backing up. Everyone stared at her. "Savannah?"

"Is it that spirit again? I can feel it nearby." Ashly whispered.

"Spirit?" Jericho questioned. His eyes widened. Before the others could react, Jericho whipped out a small vial from the pocket of his oversized, brown coat. Droplets of water scattered. Savannah sputtered in annoyance. Opening her mouth, she was about to chew him out, but stopped short. Beside her, Delocray was clutching his hand where the water had hit him. The skin was red a blotchy. It sizzled in irritation. He hissed, biting his tongue to keep from yelling.

Jericho flung the bottle again, dashing the water downward. Less dispersed this time, it hit Delocray's chest. As he stumbled back, Jericho stepped forward.

"Quia Manifestaturus Es." Jericho commanded, readying himself. Savannah jumped in front of Delocray, arms spread wide to protect him. Jericho scowled. "What are you doing?"

"Stopping you, Jericho." Savannah stood firm. Behind her, Delocray flickered in and out of the First Plane. Gasping, Ashly bounced back. Jericho's fists tightened. For the first time, they could see Delocray.

"These creatures killed my parents."

"So in turn you kill them? What does that accomplish?"

"More than doing nothing." Jericho gritted. "It's not just some revenge scheme, Savannah. My parent, yours, it's just the tip of the iceberg."

"Then explain." Savannah seethed. Delocray solidified in the First Plane.

"Good, you've sanctified the grounds and drew out the demon. Jericho, you have your father's skills."

All of them turned at the voice. Father Crossheart strolled through the park. He wore a large black trench coat made of heavy wool. It was left open, revealing that he still wore his black suit. Glints of silver could be seen when the wind shook his coat. He kept his hands in his pockets.

"Thank you, Father Crossheart." Jericho nodded, relaxing. Savannah clenched her fists. She refused to back down. Father Crossheart's gaze wandered to her and Delocray. He quirked a brow, curious.

"It seems royalty has fallen into our hands. Is a demon prince trying to fulfill the whimsies of his father?"

(A/N: fist of all, I'd like to thank you beautiful Wattpadians as we've broke 100 Reads! As always, I look forward to your comments and suggestions!

On another note, we've discovered Delocray's secret and are quickly approaching the climax.  What will Savannah do?

XOX
Librarian's Cat)