7.

Delocray stepped in front of Savannah. Despite his skin still burning red, he stood firm. Chin held high, his gaze was steady.

"What are you doing?" Savannah hissed, grabbing his shoulders from behind. "What does he mean by demon Prince?"

"It's a long story...eventually I was going to tell you." Delocray answered. "Anyways, I'm only sixteenth in line."

"Unless you bring your father a Divine Soul." Father Crossheart shouted. The wind picked up speed, catching the conversation.

"I have no desire to be king." Delocray spat.

"That's why you murdered Savannah's parents? I recognize you from that night sixteen years ago."

Delocray glared. "I saved her."

Savannah stumbled back. Her hands covered her mouth. "You were there? That night?"

Before Delocray could defend himself, Father Crossheart spoke out, "He was. Now you must choose to fulfill your Divine Purpose. Vanquish the demon."

"I can't claim to know everything. I can't deny that I'm a member of the royal family. I was there the day your parents died. But please, Savannah, give me the chance to explain." Delocray whispered.

Savannah stumbled back further. It was too much. She gripped the side of her head.

"He's not human; he's a monster." Jericho stepped forward, pleading with her. "We've known each other since your parents died. We're partners in crime, best friends. Trust me."

She clenched her eyes shut, choking back a scream. The first drops of rain hit the grass.

Father Crossheart pulled a silver dagger from the inside of his trench coat. "I have had enough."

Savannah opened her eyes. She gasped. Her eyes radiated an ethereal blue. Everything slowed down in her eyes. She glanced to Ashly. Tears mixed with the rain, drenching her face. Strands of hair flew with the wind. Next, her gaze flickered to Jericho. Face creased with worry, his eyes begged her to side with him. Delocray looked as desperate as Jericho did. The rain dampened his glow. The flame of his tail hung low.

It was in that same moment Father Crossheart rushed forward. Dagger aimed at Delocray. Without thinking, Savannah lunged forward. Delocray stumbled aside as her body collided with his.

Father Crossheart was moving too fast. He couldn't stop himself anymore.

The blade plunged into her abdomen.
(Oops, sorry guys.  Didn't realize this was such a short chapter!  As always, I'd love to hear your opinions on the recent turn of events and how I can improve.
Lots of Love,
Librarian's-Cat)