Explanation Pt. 2

Continuation on the subject of the Hours, plus their jobs. Again, if you guys don't understand something or just want to know more, don't be afraid to ask!

- - - - -

The linear order along with the designation of the Hours is as follows:

0- Chronophobia (All-Father/God of the Tower)
1- Keeper of the First Hour
2- Lord of the Pairs
3- Noble of the Trinity
4- Company of the Quadrants
5- Dealer of the Fifth Hour
6- Protector of the Sixth Hour
7- Healer of the Seventh Hour
8- Teacher of the Eighth Hour
9- Smiths of the Ninth Hour
10- Feeder of the Tenth Hour
11- King of Odds
12- Queen of Evens
13- Joker from the Unknown

With there only being 12 "True"* Positions, the other deities who do not occupy a major role or space in Clockwork Tower are considered to be Citizens. These deities are not allowed access to the more work sensitive areas of the tower, as opposed to the Hours, who can enter and leave these areas so long as they have business there. Rather, Citizens are mostly confined to the middle and lower areas of the Inner City, where they live their lives similarly to the mortals in an actual Timeline- with the whole concept of individual towns, raising families, and such.

The Hours, on the other hand, must live in the actual tower at all times in order to closely monitor their aspects.

The jobs and description of the Hours are:

0- Chronophobia: All-Father/God of Clockwork Tower; rules over Time and is allegedly aware of everything and anything. Identity is unknown by the other deities, and is said to reside at the topmost level of the Tower.

1- Keeper of the First Hour: Safekeep of information/secrets as well as Main Guard for Chronophobia

2- Lord of the Pairs: Set to arrange predetermined relationships between Citizens without their conscious knowledge

3- Noble of the Trinity: To ensure the safety of Chronophobia, the King, and the Queen. Sacrifice is their last resort should all else fail in keeping them safe from whatever possible danger.

4- Company of the Quadrants: Head of the Network of Classes (Spade/Heart/Club/Diamond).** Designates their Inner-class to every citizen at the latter's birth.

5- Dealer of the Fifth Hour: Banker/Treasurer or Money Handler of the Tower and Inner City; however, their job extends and affects the Timelines/Universes more than the actual Tower and city.

6- Protector of the Sixth Hour: Guardian of all Hours and Clockwork Tower, along with the Citizens.

7- Healer of the Seventh Hour: Scientists and Doctor/Curator of the Hours and Citizens. Main purpose is to research ways in which the Timelines can be kept safe from the "Dark Beings of the Void", or for an automatic generator that can stabilise Timelines to a basic degree and lessen the chance of a Corruption occuring. Should major injury or sickness occur to any deity, however, they are to act as a curator and treat and restore the patient to full health.

8- Teacher of the Eighth Hour: Educates and trains new and potential follow-up Hours if the occupant of that same Hour is too busy at the time to train their shadow themselves. If no follow-up is in need of guidance while their "real teacher" is away, then this Hour is the only Hour to interact the most with Citizens for their secondary job is to teach the children from the Inner City.

9- Smiths of the Ninth Hour: Molds and Creates every new Hour's Heirlooms. From a simple pocketknife to a complex and multifunctioning body, it all depends on the specific Hour's Soul.

10- Feeder of the Tenth Hour: Produces and Grows food for the Hours and Citizens. Since they are not mortals in the traditional sense, yet still fall victim to it to some degree, neither Hours or Citizens need to eat continuously to survive. However, in order to grow stronger as they slowly age and make sure they have enough magical reserves, they do eat. Some even do it solely cause they enjoy to, so this Hour's job extends and affects the Timelines/Universes more than the actual Tower (much like the Fifth Hour).

11- King of Odds: Equal shared power over the Hours with the Queen. This Hour rules as a monarch over the other Hours and Citizens, governing the Tower and Inner-City. However, just as the people respond to them, they must respond to Chronophobia the same way.

12- Queen of Evens: Equal shared power over the Hours with the King. This Hour rules as a monarch over the other Hours and Citizens, governing the Tower and Inner-City. However, just as the people respond to them, they must respond to Chronophobia the same way.

13- Joker from the Unknown: Fix, Restore, or Destroy Timelines. No one knows how they are chosen, raising heavy controversies, even fear and apprehension, amongst the Citizens.

- - - - -

Next up is which character gets which Hour!

*: By 12 True Positions I mean the twelve numerals in a traditional analog clock. There is no 0 number nor a 13, even if they are considered to be units of time measurement in some cultures. Therefore, by technicality, there really only is 12 true numbers in an analog clock that just happen to be used twice a day.

**: Remember when I said that I'd use the Traditional 52 deck of cards? This is why. The cards are each divided into four suits (hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds), therefore due to the similarity in the Hours to the cards as well (the First Hour is based off the Ace, which has the rank of one in the deck, as well as the Eleventh and Twelfth Hour, which are the representative ranks of the King and Queen in a numerical value), they are used on Citizens as well to assign them a suit, even if said suit really holds no value other than being aesthetically pleasing to some.

. . .

I hope I didn't lose any of you guys with this complex explanation *nervous laugh* Again, if you guys need for me to clear something up, feel free to tell me and I'll try my best to deliver!