Chapter Two

Percy

Percy had always hated planes. He had never been on a plane until this very moment, but his grandparents had died on a plane and Zeus once promised him that if Percy entered his realm again, he would blow Percy out of the sky. Therefore, Percy had a reason not to like planes.

So, why, Percy asks, would Chiron send Annabeth and him on a plane? A flight from New York to the United Kingdom was precisely six and a half hours. Six hours in, Percy was sure he was going to puke. He gripped the arm rests for his dear life, and didn't dare open his mouth in fear of really throwing up. Annabeth pried his hand from the seat and held it. She squeezed it affectionately and reassuringly.

"Percy," she whispered, "I think Zeus would have shot us down already if he wanted to."

"No!" Percy shook his head fervently. "That's what he wants us to think! Once he gets our guards down, he'll shoot us out of the sky!"

In the back of the plane, a person screamed, running out of the bathroom, claiming that the toilet had exploded.

Annabeth raised an eyebrow at Percy.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly.

Grinning, Annabeth sat back in her seat. Percy sat straight up, refusing to relax. Even the ocean below him didn't comfort him.

Finally, after what felt like forever for Percy, the plane landed without a hitch. Percy nearly kissed the ground when Annabeth and him emerged from the terminal. "Now what?" Percy asked.

Annabeth frowned. "Good question." Annabeth took Percy's arm and pulled him to a secluded area so she could make an Iris Message to call Chiron. Percy provided the water and Annabeth pulled a drachma from her pocket.

"Chiron, Camp Half-Blood," she said, flipping the coin into the makeshift rainbow.

Chiron's kind face appeared in the image. "Percy! Annabeth! How can I help you?"

"Well. We're in England, but what, exactly, should we do next? Where should we go?" Annabeth asked.

"Ah." Chiron said, as if remembering that he had forgotten to mention this particular issue in their conversation. "There should be a family, called the Weasley's, that are waiting for you. None of them know that you are, demigods of course. They are under the impression that you are exchange students or professors from America's wizarding department. So do not clue them in. However, they will be taking you to Diagon Alley, and helping you get the supplies needed to teach and successfully keep up the ruse that you are Wizards. They will then drop you off at a . . . Motel of sorts to stay at until your train leaves at eleven tomorrow morning. Ask them for instructions of how to get onto the platform to get to the Hogwarts Express."

Percy nodded. "Seems easy enough. Find the Weasley's, get supplies, get onto train."

"Exactly. Just Iris Message me again if you need anything. Talk to you two soon!" Chiron swiped his hand through the message, leaving Percy and Annabeth, once again, on their own.

"Well, let's find the Weasley's, I guess," Percy said, heaving his duffle bag onto his shoulder.

Annabeth nodded, and the two of them continued on. Annabeth, having been a smarter packer then Percy, had a light duffle bag, and a small cinch-pack, while Percy had practically packed his entire cabin. He lagged behind Annabeth, panting. "Next time," he said, trying to catch his breath, "you're packing my bag."

Annabeth laughed heartily, attracting some attention by passers. "You are seventeen years old, and perfectly capable of packing your own bag."

Percy huffed. His eyes landed on a group of people in a corner holding up a white sign that read, 'Percy and Annabeth,' on it above their head's. Percy nudged Annabeth and gestured towards the sign. Annabeth nodded and led the way to the group of five. Percy gripped Riptide as a precaution. One never knew when the mist was disguising a person.