Chapter 14

Cameron's P.O.V

I couldn't remember the last time I'd been so nervous. And honestly I wasn't sure why I was nervous. Danny was still Danny. He was still the guy who would have given me his last dollar, the guy who would his a friend the shirt off his back if they needed it.

We were meeting him today. We had to talk about everything that happened. I felt bad. I could understand why James and Sam were upset. Could even understand why they were so reluctant to go today. But they'd both agreed and I couldn't be happier.

If we ever wanted Danny home, this was definitely the first step. Emotions were running high as we began getting ready for our meeting. I could tell sam was on edge.

"You okay, mate?" I asked, placing my hand against his shoulder.

Sam jumped a bit and laughed when he realized it was me. "Yeah, I'm fine" he began "guess I'm just a little nervous about seeing Danny again. Especially after what's happened." He admitted.

I understood how he felt. I hated to admit it, but I was a bit nervous as well. What if this didn't go well? What if Daniel came back out? Would he try to hurt James again?

I guess I knew Dr. Owens had it under control and even if he did come back out, nothing bad would happen. But no one could blame us for being worried.

James' P.O.V

I couldn't believe we'd actually agreed to go today. The last thing I wanted was to see him. I knew deep down that wasn't Danny who tried to hurt me, but it was his body. It was his hands. How could I just overlook that and pretend nothing happened?

I sighed when I saw sam come in the room. He offered me a smile as he sat down next to me on the bed.

"We don't have to do this, baby." He started, sliding an arm around my waist and resting his head against my shoulder.

I pressed a kiss to the top of his head and whispered "I'll be fine, love."

He sighed "baby, if this is too hard for you, we can call and tell them we're not coming." He added.

"He made it sound like it was really important though. Like this could help Danny."

"I'm sorry" he started, looking up at me. "The last thing I'm worried about right now is Danny's health. I'm worried about you. You're what's important to me." He took my hand in his and laced our fingers together. "I'm sorry he's going through this, but damn. We all lost someone when Ben died. And none of us tried to kill anyone."

Sam was right. None of us had been the same since we lost Ben. We were all having a hard time dealing with this, even now. But none of us handled it the way he had. Not that I was blaming it on him, just stating the facts.

It wasn't long before Cameron knocked on the door. "You ready guys?" He yelled through the door. "We have to be there in 30 minutes."

I looked at Sam and nodded as I got up from the bed. "Let's go, baby." I said as I reached out for his hand.

He sighed and smiled softly as he took my hand and we walked out of the room.

--25 minutes later---

Danny's P.O.V

It was almost time. They weren't coming. They hated me and no longer cared if I lived or died. Not that I blamed then much. I probably would hate me too.

I laid back against the couch and let my eyes fall closed for a moment. Visions of happier times flooded my mind. Times when Ben was still here. Laughing, joking and just being him.