Getting ready

Sebastian's POV

To be honest I was dreading today. I was going to have to stand behind MY master all evening and watch him be flirted with by Elizabeth not to mention Alois will probably be all over him. The ball had been on my mind all day and had made me into quite a foul mood. I prepared my masters tea like usual and brought it up to his study. Just like every other day I knocked, entered and gave my young master the tea. He was reading the newspaper and glanced up at me, I just gave him my usual smirk but something must have been off because he immediately started staring at me.

Ciel's POV

Sebastian was obviously in a bad mood. His eyebrows were constantly furrowed and every time I wasn't looking at him I could see from the corner of my, eye his face contort into anger. Not to mention the aura radiating off of him! I finished my tea and sighed. I shouldn't be so worried about him; he is my butler that is all. I don't care anyway. I stood up and looked down at my paper while I spoke. I couldn't look at him in the eyes. I don't quite know why?

"I best get ready now. Sebastian come with me to my room and dress me in my eveningwear," I spoke in my usual monotone voice before I began to walk to the door. Just as I passed my desk I stubbed my toe on the corner and began to fall. I prepared myself for impact with the floor and closed my eyes but was surprised to feel two large arms wrap around me and pull me into a tight embrace. I looked up and Sebastian who was holding me closer than was probably appropriate. We stared into each other's eyes for a minute. I got lost in his ruby irises and could feel him lean his face gradually closer to mine. My brain and my heart started to stop. I couldn't think straight and my heart was going manic in my chest as I got ready for contact. But my body had other plans. Before I knew it I had turned my head from his and was pushing my hands against his chest. Sebastian sighed deeply and closed his eyes. I could feel his grip around me loosen and his warm body break from mine. We both stood up and I brushed myself down.

"Young master, you really should be more careful, such carelessness could get you seriously injured,"

"Like you care..." I muttered under my breath. What the hell did I say that for?

"Well I wouldn't want to have to eat your soul before it was ready," Sebastian replied almost immediately. He spoke with force and didn't bother to hide the anger in his voice. I couldn't help but feel my heart sink into my stomach and a sudden wave of emotions came over me. I could feel my eyes begin to cloud over with tears and I quickly turned around to stop him from seeing.

"Just hurry I need to get changed" My voice was bitter and drenched in melancholy. Why was I so foolish to think he actually cared? No one loves me and no one ever will.

Sebastian's POV

I could hear it in his voice. Something broke inside him. Instantly I regretted saying what I had. What was I thinking? He's just a boy!

"Young mas-" I started but before I could finish the door was slammed in my face. I could smell his tears. I followed him and listened from outside his bedroom. I could hear him crying and just the thought of what he must think of me now broke my heart. How could I have said that. I was disgusted by myself. I loved him more than I valued my life so why did I say it. I knocked on the door of his bedroom.

"Young master it's me" There was no answer so I let myself in. He was sat on the bed facing away from the door staring out the window. I walked over to him so I was directly in front of him and kneeled down so I was just below eye level. He continued to look out the window. I put my hands on his knees hesitantly and looked into his eyes.

"I'm sorry Young master I didn't mean it," His face didn't even break for a second, he remained emotionless.

"Why are you apologising you are just after your half of the deal, it's only natural right?" I couldn't make out anything from his voice which was incredibly unusual.

"Yes but that's not what I-"

"I know Exactly what you meant Sebastian! Now get me changed this instant we are going to be late," I could tell he was trying to be demanding but the crack in his voice let him down.

"Yes young master" and with that I helped him into his outfit for the evening.

--------------

Sorry for the uneventful chapter I will try and make something happen soon! XD