Strange Call

It was the next morning, I woke up excited after a long night dreaming about David. I had nothing much to do. Sheryl hadn't come back yet from his parents's house and the shop was closed for all the day.
I got up my bed and went to the kitchen. I made some coffee and toasts. I sat down on the couch in front of the TV.
There was a documentary about babies. It was so cute. "I wish I could have one" I whispered to myself. I went to my bathroom and took a bath.
I thought about David deeply.
Was I going to be a chick like he already had, or something more important like his fiancée ??

***

I got off the bath one hour later, my skin was as withered as an old woman. It amused me. I dried my hair and went to David's flat. He gave his address yesterday.
I walked until his flat which was near Central Park in the Midtown.
I knocked at the door and he opened me with a big smile.
"Hello Love, you look so pretty"
He kissed me.
I blushed.
"Come, I'll take you to the studio for the recording of my new album 'Pinups'." He said excited.
I took his hand and the got in his Mercedes until the studio.
As a big rock fan, it was a dream for me. All these guitars and microphones and buttons... It was amazing. David was standing in the record booth and I stayed with the producer. David sang really well and in a couple of hours, he had finished.
Then the phone rang. David took the call and stayed at the phone during an half hour. When he finally hang up, I took his arm and we left. We walked until Central Park, we sat down on a bench and we lit our cigarettes.
-"Do you love me ?? I asked suddenly.
-Of course I do." He said dryly.
I looked at him he turned his face.
-David, tell me what's wrong. I mumbled
-No, I don't want to talk ! He said almost crying.
-Fine !" I stood up angrily.
David was about to cry, he had his hands on his face with the cigarette between his fingers which created a little smoke.
I look at him sadly.
"David tell me, what's happened to you." I mumbled caressing his red bright hair.
He got off his face if his hands and stood up.
"I think we need to go." He said.
I followed him until his car and he brought me back to my home. No one had talked  during the path. It has been silently.
What's happened to him ??
What was the nature of this call ??