A Trouble Called Angie

Two days has passed and I felt very sad and lost. If only I could know the nature of this call...
I walked down until my shop. I put a record on the turntable and went off to smoke. At the corner of the street I saw a very familiar shade. It was David.
"What are you doing here, you should be..."
He kissed me before I could end my sentence.
"Love, listen I've something to tell you... Can't say here. Meet me at my apartment tonight."
He kissed me one more time and went to his studio.

***

The day has been long, I received a call from Sheryl who was coming back in two days.
But now, I was on my way to David apartment. I was wearing a blue jeans with a floral shirt.
I looked like a hippy (in cleaner).
I knocked to his door, excited at the idea he could finally tell me his secret.
A tall blonde woman opened me.
"Yes what is it ??" She said in a angrily tone.
I was about to say something when David came.
"Vicky ! Glad you came !" He exclaimed happily.
Angie gave me a black look, I thought she was about to kill me.
"Daddy. Drawing" a little blonde boy said running to David.
"What is it my little boy, David said looking at his paper. Oh it's a wonderful landscape ! It's really nice baby !" He exclaimed and he kissed his son on his cheek.
"Vicky this is Duncan." He said pointing him.
"Hello Duncan" I said smiling at him.
He giggled a little and ran to his room.
Angie served tea and began to asked me.
-"What are you doing here ?? she asked really angry.
-Not of your business. David replied dryly.
-Hm, David invited me."
She breathed faster and faster in anger. Then she looked at David.
She stood up and went close to me.
"Listen to me filthy bitch, I don't what are you doing in MY apartment, with MY husband but you better disappear. She yelled at me.
-Calm down Angie !! I'm a big boy now and I can invite whoever I want !! Isn't her fault, it's mine !! Moreover must I remind you that we're going to divorce ??" David yelled back.
She became red of anger. I thought she was about to burst !
"You scumbag out of my view and take your whore with you." She yelled of all her forces.
We went off their apartment I looked back and I notice Duncan who was hiding behind the couch. He waved his hand shyly and I did the same back.

***

Once in the street David broke the silence which had been installed since our departure.
-"Welcome to my world. he said desperate.
-David, all is my fault. I shouldn't have come... I...
-Shut your mouth baby, nothing is your fault. He cut me off.
-B..but you're about to divorce from Angie by my fault.
-Angie and I were about to divorce when we met. This girl is so crazy ! I wonder why I married her. You're presence is a benediction. I couldn't stay in this asylum anymore."
I tear dropped from my eye. I felt so guilty.
David noticed, hugged me and kissed my forehead.
-What about Duncan ?? I whispered.
-I'll fight to keep him with me.
-If I can help you just tell me David."
He hugged me tight during a few minutes.
-"It was your secret isn't ?? You were married. This is why you were frustrated. I whispered to him.
-Yes, but I was angry because I was deeply in love with you at the second I saw you in your shop and I didn't want you to entered in my rotten life. I want to protect you of everything. He replied.
I took his sweet cheeks in my hands.
-David, my life has always been complicated, my parents haven't believed in me since the first day, then I became lonely faster. Since I'm a lonely person who likes rock music without much friends.
-We're both in the same ship. He said smiling.
-Love, I promise I'll never let you down. I said and kissed my hands.
He held my hand and took me to the Plaza, one of the most expensive hotel in Manhattan.
-"Why did you take me here ?? I exclaimed surprising
-To get some rest, love. He said like an evidence.
-David, I mean why here, at the Plaza it'll cost a fortune !!
-Nothing it's too expensive for you my darling. But if you want, we can camp outside in the street but I'm not sure you'll appreciate." He said back.
I giggled and kissed his cheek.
" 'Night, I want to book a suite for two at the name of Jones. He said to the employee.
-Sure sir, come with me."
We took the elevator until the 47th floor. I leaned my head on David's shoulder.
The employee opened the door and we saw the suite. It was a wonderful and luxury place with TV, giant beds, expansive decorations. It reminded me the Château de Versailles in France, a beautiful place that I've always wanted to visit.

 It reminded me the Château de Versailles in France, a beautiful place that I've always wanted to visit

I opened the curtains and saw the Manhattan skyline in the dark night

I opened the curtains and saw the Manhattan skyline in the dark night. It was just breathtaking. I was looking through the window when David came hugged me and kissed my neck.