4.

He followed her, the palm of his hand pressed against her back, he was both savoring the touch and rushing her to the room.

"What do you miss the most," she questioned him, looking back and giving him a smile. He pursed his lips in thought of it all.

"The weed," the words trembled as he said them, he let himself enter his old habits from it, and let his sobriety run down the drain.

They stood in front of an old wooden door, her hands wrapped around the knob. She glanced back at him with a smile," Mantis doesn't usually like to do this stuff with me," she admitted. Zayn flicked his eyes up to her, then back to the knob, waiting for her to turn it,"Zayn," she looked up at him,"will you do this with me?"

He pursed his lips and nodded, still staring at the knob. She stared up at him,"don't leave me again, okay?" Her words were softened in her tone. He looked back at her, now confused and trying to make sense of it all.

"Never."

"Promise?"

"We're just going to smoke," confusion led his to put a laugh through his words.

"Yeah, I know," she looked down and pushed through the door.

-

He sat up, looking around what seemed to be the back seat of a car. Everything was blurry and swirling. He rested his palm on his forehead and looked toward the front of the car. The bright lights of the radio caused him to wince, he closed his eyes and laid back across the back car.

"You awake?" Her voice rang through the car, he opened his eyes once more and peered up at her. Her hair was in a bun and she appeared to be now wearing a light hoodie. She looked back at him with a smile.

"What happened?" He skipped the good morning's (or good night's) and skipped straight to the question.

"You had like one hit and you were out, you're not like you used to be," she laughed at the thought.

"Yeah," he sighed," it's been a minute."

"Trust me, I can tell," she laughed, gripping the steering wheel a bit harder. Zayn sat up slowly, being careful to watch his surroundings.

"Why am I in the back?"

"I wanted you to be comfortable, I'm a druggy, but I have a heart," she peered back at him with a smile. He watched her as she looked forward again, driving down the roads that seemed to go on forever.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," she turned the wheel to right, her smile engulfed her cheeks, dimples shown along with her bright teeth. He nodded and scooted to the middle seat, watching the road and rubbing his hands against the leather. "You want to buckle up there," she raised her eyebrows, her eyes still stared onto the road. He laughed and grasped the beige strap and buckled himself in with a click. She smiled back at him,"better."

"Why are you so worried about me?"

"Who says I'm worried about you?"

"You."

"How exactly," she glanced back at him, then focused back on the road again, turning the wheel once more.

"You didn't leave me, you laid me I the back seat, you told me to put my seatbelt on, and you're taking me to a surprise."

"I didn't leave you because I didn't want to leave an overdosed kid in that place, I was on my way to the hospital and luckily you woke up, I laid you in the backseat because I don't want you muddy shoes all over my carpets, I don't want a death on my hands, and the surprise is more for me than for you," she looked back at him as they came to a stoplight, her facial expression was deadpan, he laughed and looked down to his hands and she joined him in the laughter.