5.

Zayn looked forward, his focus on the road and the occasional stop lights. The speed bumps and few rickety streets bumped him around. The faint sound of the radio sat him at ease and put him on edge at the same time. The words replayed, over and over in his mind. He didn't want her, well, maybe he did. But he didn't know, all he knew is that he wanted to be with her again. Wether it was shooting up or laughing in her car about how much she cared about him.

"You want me to take you back to get your car?" She broke the silence, she glanced over at him through her thick frames. Zayn had let her use his contact case and solution, she had complained about them itching, and Zayn couldn't let that happen. They had stopped at a rest stop and Zayn rinsed them out in the bathroom, it was his last case, but they were $2.50 at Walmart, so he didn't really mind.

"Yeah, thanks," he mumbled and looked down at the handle, he couldn't wait to pull it, and at the same time he wanted to stay there forever.

She stared at the road biting her bottom lip, she stared off at the street lights and almost missed her go in the thought of it all.

"You know I can't do that, Zayn, I have Darrel."

"I know."

"And you know you mean a lot to me, but it's been so long. It's just not there anymore, at least not now."

"I know."

"You can't be mad at me."

"I know."

She looked at him,"are you mad at me," she stared at him for an answer. He only stared down at the glove box and bit the inside of his cheek," you can't be mad at-"

"I'm mad you won't be happy, I don't want you with him, and I don't want you doing all that. It'll all just lead you in a bad direction. You don't have to be with me, just be happy."

"I am happy."

"If you were happy you wouldn't do drugs," he looked over at her, she was now looking back at the road, taking a left and reaching for the radio. Zayn grabbed her hand and she glanced over at him.

"It makes me happy."

"You should be happy on your own," she had parked the car beside his. He got out and ducked down to view her, the wrinkles on his forehead were prominent," I'll see you again though, right?"

"Absolutely," she inhaled only looked forward.

"Don't leave me, okay?"

"Never."

Zayn stared down at her, she only stared forward and he shook his head," are you not going to look at me?"

She shook her head and let go of the wheel, he stilled stood in the cold, his breathe now visible in the cold, winter air," if it makes you happy, next time I won't fall out, okay?" A grin appeared on his face. She looked up at him, finally, let out a laugh.

"Yeah," she nodded,"that'll make me happy," her eyes were in slits and crinkles formed by her eyes.

"Good, but maybe sometime we can just hang out, like regular people," he suggested, now looking her in the eyes. She let out a sigh, biting her lip and studying the boy.

"Zayn."

"Yeah?" He said in anticipation, waiting on the answer.

"Can you please close the door, I'm freezing and I know you are too," she reached across for the door handle, he pulled the car door back, causing it to scrape his door, but he didn't mind, as long as he could spend a little bit more time with her. Her eyebrows had raised and she let out a muffled laugh.

"Can we?"

"Yeah, Zayn, if you just close the door," she looked up at him with now tired eyes.

"We can do fun stuff, that isn't, like, illegal. No drugs, no trespassing, you know?"

"I'd love that, but please Zayn, just close the door."

He stared down at her, she left a smile on her face from the recent conversation. It caused him to smile and be leaned over the passenger side, grazing her lips with his.

"Please don't leave me again," he repeated the words she once spoke. He watched her lips as he spoke them, her eyes were closed and breathing was slowed.

"I won't," she said breathlessly.

"Promise?"

"Never," she inhaled and then pulled him into her, they moved slow, Zahn tiled his head and smiled as the two interlocked. She held his collar as the kissed, his hands gripped edge of the seat, and he couldn't help but smile even harder as it continued. It was cut off as a group of women stumbled out of the building, their laughs echoing through the night as one fell onto the pavement. The two watched, Zayn standing over the door and the snapping back to Alora.

"I'm going to go," he pointed back to his car and closed the door behind him. He sat in his car as Alora sped off, he watched as she did, then looked into the rear view.

He rested his head on the steering wheel and contemplated falling asleep in his car. He exhaled and closed his eyes. Maybe he would, and maybe he did, what was the use in going home when he would be right back here in the morning?