Yellow horse

James•

It was our free day today so we decided to go to the pier. We. As in me and Nadine. Nadine and I.

"Jameeeessss what flavour ice cream ang gusto mo?"

"Strawberry"  ( yes i will throw in a TBYD reference )

" Here you go, finish it fast ha! I wanna go on the carousel"

I quickly ate my ice cream whilst following that ever so giddy girl. Her smile, the way her hair bounced up and down and the way her eyes sparkled. It made me realise how beautiful my friend was. FRIEND.

"I wanna go on the black horse!" 
Yeah, she's not that girly. Whilst on the other hand, here i am sitting on a yellow horse. A yellow frickin horse. It was the only one next to hers.

"That was fun!"

"Yea..ehh" I try to say, sitting on a bench.

I looked at her, thinking about how beautiful she looked today. I noticed a few guys looking at her.

"Here Nadine take my jacket, ang lamig na!"

"Ok lang ako but thanks"

"No i'm telling you to wear it"

"Since when did you become my bodyguard?"

"And since when did you become so curious?"

"Fine i'll wear it, not because it's cold, because of you"

The way she says things like that. It makes me feel special in a way.

"So about yesterday.."
I began to say, looking at her.
It all came back to me, the moment we looked at each other just before the kiss. I began to feel butterflies in my stomach.

Wait. No.

Not butterflies, but ice cream.

I ran to the closest trash can near me, throwing up. Nadine ran after me. She stood behind me patting my back until it stopped.

"I shouldn't have eaten the ice cream too quickly"

"O turn around and look at me"
I turn and see her smiling with tissues in her hand. She sat me down and began to wipe my face.

"Kaya mo pa? O gusto mu na umuwi?"

"Babe i'm just getting started" i say with a grin.

"Babe? Babe babe ka jan ha! Don't make me call you Roberto!"

"You can call me anything you want babe"

I loved to make fun of her. That's the thing about being best friends at the end of the day we still like each other. In a friendly way of course.

I took her hand and wrapped my fingers around hers.

What?

We hold hands so often, we kind of just got used to do it.

~Author's note~

Leave your comments and thoughts so i know what you guys liked. I'm only writing to fulfil my Jadine dreams. Keep on reading cuz i'll be updating later today.
                      Xoxo ~ Mä💛