Chapter 5

After they managed to escape Bradford and Xever, the turtles decided it would be faster to take Shireen home by jumping from roof to roof. This was easy with their ninja training, and Shireen was having a blast. After looking around, they finally found Shireen's street. From there, they started looking for her building.

"There!" Shireen announced, pointing out a nice-looking apartment building with a sign that said "Ecbatana Apartments" on it. "That's it. The one over there."

When the turtles looked where Shireen was pointing, their jaws dropped, and they all said in unison, "Wow."

"That's fancy," Mikey commented.

"Your family must be pretty rich if you can afford to live there," said Raph.

"Yeah, my parents are pretty wealthy," Shireen replied.

"What do they do?" Leo asked.

"Um...I'm not supposed to say," Shireen answered.

Leo shrugged and said, "Well, to be fair, we did just meet. So, okay, you don't have to tell us now."

"Oh, good," a relieved Shireen said. "I'll tell you some other time." She looked at her building and said, "Maybe we should go in through the lobby doors." She and the turtles made their way down the building they were standing on. They found themselves across from Shireen's home.

"Uh, did you just say we should go through the lobby doors?" Donnie asked and glanced at the little girl.

"Of course!" Shireen replied and smiled. "How else would we get in the building, silly?"

"That probably wouldn't be such a good idea, Shireen," Leo said and looked at the double doors leading into the lobby.

"Huh?" Shireen asked, confused as to why her friends seemed apprehensive about going into her building. They were her friends, after all, so there shouldn't be any problem. "Why not?"

"Well," Raph explained. "The problem is we're giant talking turtles. If people saw us, they'd freak."

"No way," Shireen said and laughed. "Not the people in my building. You're my friends, so they won't be scared."

"I don't know..." Leo said, uncertainty in his voice.

"Please?" Shireen pleaded with her friends. Her eyes took on a look similar to a puppy's when said animal begs for a taste of one's food. "Oh, please, please, please?"

The turtles just stared at her, trying to figure out how to respond to her pleas and puppy-dog eyes. They wanted to say "No," but the more they looked at her face, the more impossible it was to refuse. Finally, they all caved and said, "Okay."

Shireen stopped using her puppy-dog face and smiled at her friends. "Really?! You'll come?"

"Yeah, sure," said Raph as he and the others crossed the street to get to Shireen's building. 'Not like we have a choice anymore,' he thought.

"Yay!" Shireen cheered happily as she jumped up and hugged her friends. She then led them to the lobby doors. 'Heh. Works every time,' she thought with a hidden smirk.

The five friends walked through the doors to the lobby, only to be stopped by the doorman who was on staff.

"Hey, whoa, whoa," the doorman said and stopped Shireen and the turtles. "Where are—Oh, Shireen." He smiled and continued, "You're home late."

"Yeah," Shireen replied. "I know. Just heading home now."

"Where have you been?" the doorman asked.