Chapter 1: Birds and Roses

Mordecai smirked happily as he walked into the park house, running upstairs and opened his bedroom door. The blue jay was so happy! He finally got to date Margret, yet again, for good this time. They agreed to stop letting stress enter their lives and actually calm down for once.

Mordecai, giggling to himself, laid onto his bed and hugged one of his pillows. Suddenly, he turned to his left side and noticed that Rigby wasn't in his usual spot; the trampoline with all kinds of clothing on it like fancy suits, socks, jeans, shirts and shorts.

Mordecai got up and walked over to the trampoline and tilted his head. He wondered where his small best friend was. And then he began to think hard, remembering that he hadn't talked or spoke to the small raccoon for quite some time.

Mordecai began to sigh at this and questioned
himself, "Did Rigby leave because I was ignoring him?"

This thought made the blue jay upset. How could he have been so blind!? He was so focused on getting his old crush/ex girlfriend back instead of being with his friend. Even at work, Mordecai would still be coming up with various ways to get Margret to say yes to dating him.

Thinking more about this stressed out the poor blue jay. He sighed and began to search the room, endlessly calling his friend's name; hoping that he would come back.

|

Rigby sighed as he looked down from the house. He was sitting on the very top of the old building, wondering what he should do. The brown raccoon began to think about, perhaps, jumping from where he was to his apparent death.

Would Mordecai care? Probably, most likely, not.
Would anyone care? No.
Maybe this was the answer. He had done so much to Mordecai anyway; such as lie, steal, hate and be too greedy. Rigby hated himself at this point. Perhaps, killing himself would be the right way.
After all... The blue jay would never find out that the brown raccoon was bisexual, more worse, gay for his best friend for a long time (three years to be exact.)

Rigby looked down and closed his eyes, a small wimper escaped his mouth as he saw the long fall. This would most likely kill him with one swift move.

He gulped and closed his eyes as he felt himself almost fall off the building. Rigby teared up and sighed deeply.

"I'm sorry..."