Chapter 4: Tear Drops and Sunshine

As Mordecai kept stressing out on how he should approach his friend, he thought hard. Of course, he did have a crush on Rigby as well. But how would Rigby react? It was a theory that Benson thought of. What if it was fake or false? Then what would he do?

The blue jay sighed and turned his head to the bedroom and saw Rigby, who continued to sob hard. He felt an aching feeling in his heart. Mordecai felt heart broken as he watched Rigby. He wanted to make things better. He wanted to apologize. He wanted his friend back; his buddy, his pal. He wanted to hold him close and comfort the small raccoon so badly. But what more could Mordecai do, other than watching Rigby cry. He gulped and nodded as he thought very hard.

Okay... Mordecai began to think hard on what to do, I have to be honest, like Benson said. I gotta be calm. I have to apologize. I-I have to tell him that I love him more than a brother or a best friend...

He gulped nervously and walked into the room and saw that Rigby was still muffling unhearable words. He still couldn't understand. Mordecai took a deep breath and sat next to the small raccoon, who was burrying his face into the blue jay's pillow. It seemed that Rigby didn't notice that Mordecai was there, yet.

Mordecai brased himself and hugged Rigby from behind and closed his eyes. Rigby shivers nervously and turns around as he looked at his friend. His face had several droplets of tears and his eyes were red with pouring tears. Mordecai sighed and hugged Rigby tighter. He teared up and turned Rigby around and hugged him tightly. Surprisingly enough, Rigby hugged back; despite his hatred of receiving hugs. The small raccoon then nuzzled his head into Mordecai's chest and wimpered as he kept crying, but this time, it wasn't as hard.

"I'm so sorry, Rigby. I didn't want this to happen. I didn't know that I hurt you so badly. I know you will probably never forgive me, but I am so sorry. Benson told me everything, and I understand why you would do that. I was being a douche and ignored you. I regret it so much, Rigby. I'm so sorry," Mordecai choked and began to allow his uprising tears to fall down his cheeks.

Rigby looked up at Mordecai and blushed red as he then nuzzled Mordecai's neck.

"I forgive you, Mordecai. I was just upse-"

"I know," Mordecai interupted. "Benson told me that you also tried to jump off of the house. He thinks that you're gay for me and thats why you're so jealous."

Rigby looked shyly at the blue jay and slowly nodded.

"I-its true," he choked out in fear. "I-I have had a crush on you for three years. I got mad at you because of Margret and how you were so determined to get her back! I felt useless."

Mordecai smirked and blushed red as his heart began to beat fast. He then rubbed behind his friend's ears and smiled. Rigby purred and blushed brighter.

"I did too. I had a crush on you too. But I denied it. I wanted to avoid it. And now I regret it emensly," Mordecai said, smiling softly.

Rigby narrowed his eyes and rubbed his muzzle onto the blue jay's hand shyly and smiled.

"Mordecai? Can we maybe... Oh nevermind..."

Mordecai raised an eyebrow and giggled a little.

"You know, to be honest, your way cuter than Margret. Perhaps~ maybe, if your up for it, will you be my boyfriend?"

Rigby gasped happily and nodded happily. He then curled up onto Mordecai's lap and smiled as he looked up.

"Yes!" he chimed.

Mordecai smiled and stroked Rigby's hair and pet him gently.

This isn't so bad, Mordecai thought to himself as Rigby fell asleep on his lap. Mordecai smiled and kept stroking his head gently ad he heard soft purrs escape the small brown raccoon's mouth softly.

I wonder how Pops and Benson got together. Must have been hard...