Chapter: 6

Chapter 6: And then just because my luck is so bad, I am going to drop the soap.

"Alright everyone, let's try our hardest to stick together as one group," Rick yelled out to all of us.

I felt like I was on some fifth grade field trip.

Not meaning that in a bad way, just in a way I thought was funny because that's always what the teacher yelled out to everyone while we were all supposed to play follow the leader. I was walking next to Caleb, and we were walking behind Jenna and Ashley. For once, Caleb and I weren't arguing back and forth on an extravaganza the group was going on. I was feeling bubbly on the inside, because when Caleb and I weren't bickering like little children, he was actually pretty funny to be around. He could come up with such quirky comments, and every time he said something funny, I would tilt my head back and let out true laughter.

Ever since I was younger, I was normally the one who tried making everyone else laugh. It was sort of difficult to make me truly laugh because there was always a part of me on the inside, that just had trust issues. I was afraid that if I grew to liking that person, then one day something would happen and all the times I truly laughed and had a good time with them, would just end in pain and hurt. But with Caleb, it sort of felt different in a way. I didn't feel the need to hold in my true laughter because it just ended up slipping out anyways. Plus, I figured since I am on this journey to find my parents, I might as well let myself enjoy the trip anyways.

The whole group was walking to the metro station where we planned to take a small train trip into the city. Once we got there, we planned to stop by this supposedly 'super cool' market that was being held. It was our fourth and final day in the wonderful city of Tokyo. The previous days we went on a cool tour that led us into a fish market, we got to go into the heart of the city and do some shopping, and we also got to learn how the city of Tokyo came to be how it is. As we walked, I kept my eyes peeled, just in case I somehow spotted my moms golden blonde hair, or my dads tall frame somewhere in the crowd of people. I had to remember that I was on this trip for one sole reason, and that reason is to find my parents. The adventure is just a bonus. Sometimes I think to myself that I am crazy for doing this. If they wanted to be found, they would have at least given me some sort of clue, and they didn't. While in the midst of my deep thoughts, my shoulder was suddenly bumped from the side.

"What are you thinking about, Sunshine?"

My head tilted sideways and my eyes became locked with Caleb's blue orbs. He had a little side smirk on his face, but there was also curiosity in his eyes. I shrugged my shoulders and looked away.

"Just thinking about the next place we are going to next," I lied.

I peered my eyes over to him a bit and saw an odd look on his face. It's as if he knew I was lying. Brushing it off, I sped up my pace and walked next to Jenna and Ashley. It took us about ten minutes to walk to the metro station, and when we got there, we all purchased our tickets. I followed behind the group, filing our way down the stairs until we were under the ground where we would board the train. We still had a couple minutes until the train would pull up, so I snatched my camera from around my neck and decided I'd take a few pictures.

I began taking some snap shots. Some of the railroad tracks below us, some of the lights around us. I wanted to get a picture of the hustling bustling crowd, so I peered through the lens and tried to focus the camera. I got tingles when the camera focused, because there was a man whose face turned and he looked straight at me. He had a scar on his face that ran from the corner of his eye down to the side of his jaw line. Suddenly Caleb was blocking the view to the camera and I lowered my hand so my camera wasn't in front of me anymore. I ignored Caleb and looked around him, but as my eyes scanned the crowd, the odd man was no where to be found.