Chapter 3: Meeting another guy

She doesn’t want to go to her school anymore and 3 days of being absent is not enough. Her mom was always scolding her but she sees no choice because no matter how much she reprimands Josephine, she won’t listen and wouldn’t dare to go to school. One morning, Josephine woke up so early. Her eyes were swollen from last night where she really cried her heart out. “Enough is enough. I won’t let them step on me and no one will ever underestimate me. Yes this is it. I have to conquer my fear!” she said loudly and giving herself some motivation.

She hurried to the bathroom and changed into her uniform. She went outside to the kitchen where her mom was cooking for breakfast. Her mom was so surprised when she saw her wearing her uniform and ready to go to school. “Omo! You’re going to school now?” her mom asked. “Yes mom. I’ve figured it out that I have to conquer my fear.” She said and smiled. Her mom was so grateful and did nothing but hugged her. They ate their breakfast and left early.

She arrived at school 1 hour before the class. It was so early and she decided to go to the library. She heard a noise and she followed where it was coming from. It was from the gym and when she looked through the small opening of the door, she saw a man practicing martial arts. “I wonder what kind of martial arts he was doing.” She was amazed. She could barely see the guy’s face so she slowly opened the door. “omo! That guy was ……. Aaaah! That guy was the one I bumped into at the airport!” she said to herself. She can’t believe what she saw and she was so stunned by his moves. She suddenly had a mini heart attack when the guy came across with her eyes. She was shocked so she closed the door and ran away. “Oh no! He saw me! Aigoo~ I’m so careless.” She thought.

She went to her classroom and there were still few students inside. Josephine saw Chanyeol sitting on her chair. “Yaa! What happened to you? I haven’t seen you for 3 days.” Chanyeol asked and he was so curious why she didn’t go to school for 3 consecutive days. “A situation just came up.” She said as an excuse. “Oh I see. Well okay um, you look nice in uniform!” he winked. “Haha! Everyone does. Yaaa~ aren’t you going to move? You’re sitting on my chair.” She told Chanyeol. “Ohhh mianhe! Here you go.” Chanyeol moved along and he seated on his own chair.

Few minutes after, the professor came in telling the students to settle down as he is going to start the class in a few seconds. Someone opened the door and said “Cheongsomnida sunbae-nim. Am I already late?” the guy asked. “No no. Hurry and take your seat.” Mr. Kim said. The girls were over-reacting and they were whining when the guy passes them. She was busy fixing her things suddenly he sat beside Josephine. She looked who it was and when she saw his face she mumbled “Martial Arts guy”.

“Yaaa~ Tao!” Chanyeol said and approached the guy seated next to Josephine and gave him some bro fists. “Josephine-sshi, meet my best friend Tao.” Chanyeol introduced him to Josephine. “Annyeong. I’m Josephine” she introduced herself to Tao. “Annyeong! Huang Zitao-imnida but just call me Tao.” he said and smiled charmingly. Josephine was still shocked that she was now seated beside the cool guy. Every girl inside the room was so jealous of her.

“Why is it that my heart is beating so fast? My hands are shaking and I can’t focus. All I think about is that this guy is seated right next to me.” She thought. She remained calmly and acts as if she doesn’t care who she was seated beside with. Tao was so quiet and he didn’t even talk to her during class.

The bell rang and Tao stood up immediately but before he could leave, Chanyeol grabbed his shoulders and said “Yaaa~ you’ll come with us. Let’s have lunch together.” “I can’t I have a practice right now.” Tao said. “Practice again? But you just had your training earlier! Don’t you want to spend time with me eh?” Chanyeol was trying to make him feel guilty. “Arasseo. Arasseo but let’s make it fast because I really need to practice.” Tao went with Chanyeol. When they were heading the cafeteria, Josephine went into the other way. “Ya! Where you going?” Chanyeol shouted. “Uhh I’m going to the library. You guys are going to eat right?” She said. “No no no! You’ll come with us! Come on.” Chanyeol placed his arms around Josephine’s shoulder and went to the cafeteria.