Chapter 5; The Summit

"Let me get this straight..." Lucy said, looking back and forth between the redhead armoured girl and dark clothed boy on the other side of the table. The group had gone to sit in a diner to discuss the current problem at hand. "She said her name was Lucy Heartfilia?" Lucy asked. Erza and (Name) both nodded, and Lucy slammed her hands into the table. "HOW?! WHERE?!" WHAT?! WHY?!" she shouted rapidly, demanding answers.
"She offered (Name) a job." Erza mentioned.
"SO?!" Lucy asked, still freaking out about her impersonator.
"So we have (Name) go spy on her." Erza suggested. The light of understanding shined into Lucy's eyes, and both she and Erza switched their gazes to (Name).
"Yeah, you're good at this stuff, right (Name)?" Lucy asked. (Name)'s expression did not change at all as he flipped a dagger out of his sleeve and held it infront of his face. He nodded twice, and Lucy frowned. (Name) stood up, pulling his hood and mask up, and started to run away with knife in hand. Lucy Managed to grab his sleeve before he could leave.
"No! I don't want you to kill her! Just watch her!" she tried to explain. Lucy tugged (Name) into the seat next to her, and (Name) concealed the dagger again. Erza pulled down the mask and hood. (Name) tried to pull them back up again, but Erza swatted his hands away from his head.
"So what do you suggest?" (Name) asked blankly.
"Sign up for the job, and follow her around. That way we'll know more about her." Lucy told him.
(Name) nodded. "Then I'll sign up tomorrow. And Lucy?" he asked suddenly, looking into her eyes.
Lucy blushed slightly under (Name)'s steady state. "W-what?" she stuttered, averting his eyes.
(Name) pulled a pouch out from under his short jacket, and placed it on the table. "The suspect gave me this, so I can pay you back. It's as much as your rent." (Name) said.
Lucy looked at the pouch of jewel on the table, then at (Name). Her rent was due tomorrow, so she wasn't about to turn him down. Lucy threw her arms around (Name). "Thank you!!!" she shouted. People sitting at other tables around them looked at the scene, disrupted by the outburst.
"Y-yeah..." (Name) mumbled. Lucy's chin rested on (Name)'s shoulder, and she saw Erza come to view, walking out of her seat. She gave a Lucy a death glare, and Lucy felt her spine tingle. She released (Name), laughing nervously, and brushing off his shoulders as if she were apologizing.
Erza grabbed (Name)'s hand. "Let's go back to the guild, I'm sure there are more people eager to meet you." she said forcefully, dragging (Name) out of the diner.
"You coming Lucy?" (Name) asked over his shoulder.
"No... I-I'll just s-stay here for awhile..." Lucy answered, trembling after receiving Erza's warning glare. "Now I see what Natsu meant about 'scary...'" Lucy muttered when they were gone.

Mirajane sighed as Natsu and Gray began another fight in the guild hall. Tables, cups, and other various items flung across the room. Natsu had walked in about five minutes ago, and the situation just sort of... Exploded.
"BRING IT FLAME PANTS!!" Gray shouted from across the room.
"ROAR OF THE FIRE DRAGON!!" Natsu shouted, sending a geyser of flame across the room from his mouth.
"It's begun..." Mirajane mumbled, placing her head into her hands. "Too bad Erza isn't here to stop them..."
"That barely even scratched me!" Gray taunted.
"Shut up ice brains!" Natsu yelled, stamping his foot into the ground.
A table flew across the room, smashing into the ground beside Gray. "Watch it!! You really want to kill me?!" Gray shouted at him. Natsu pointed at him, and laughed maniacally.
Mirajane looked up as the guild hall doors creaked open. Erza walked in, followed closely behind by (Name). Mirajane smiled, "Erza!" she exclaimed, hoping she would finally put an end to Natsu and Gray's fight.
Natsu began throwing silverware across the room, and Gray scrambled for cover. He ducked behind (Name), but the barrage of silverware continued. Forks clattered to the ground, along with metal spoons and knifes. (Name) caught a knife between his fingers, and examined it.
"Natsu, that's dangerous..." he warned softly, and expressionless. Natsu either hadn't heard, or, didn't care because the silverware continued to rain down. He was determined to hit Gray, no matter the cost. The silverware stopped falling, and instead a table flew towards (Name).
(Name) drew his swords and cut it to pieces, but a chunk of wood smacked him in the forehead and he fell over.
"Your shield's gone now Gray!!" Natsu shouted.
"Natsu." he heard Erza angrily say from the side.
Natsu slowly turned his head, terror obscuring his face. "Y-yes?" he responded meekly. Erza glared angrily at him, a dark aura surrounding her. She walked forward, grabbing Natsu by the ear and dragging him out of the room.
"SAVE ME!!!!!" Natsu screamed behind him before the guild door was shut. The guild members paused for a moment, waiting, but then resumed their tasks as if nothing had happened.
Gray offered a hand to (Name), and helped him get off the ground. "So, what were you and Erza up to out there?" he asked, waving a hand toward the door.
"Lucy, Natsu and Happy we're out with us too." (Name) implied.
"Oh?" Gray pressed. (Name) unsheathed a pair of curved, wicked looking daggers from behind him, and crossed his arms, holding them in a defensive position. He grinned psychotically while he observed the daggers, and Gray shuttered.
"Lucy got me these, I really like them..." (Name) said, turning them over in his hands. He resheathed them, slipping his hands behind his back. He kept them behind his back and leaned forward slightly towards Gray. "What have you been doing?" he asked curiously.
Gray sighed. "I was looking for a job when Natsu interrupted." Gray scratched his chin. "Come to think of it, you want to go on a job together?" he asked. (Name) was covering his eyes and looking away from him. "What's wrong?" Gray asked. (Name) opened a small slit in his fingers to peek at him, but closed it almost immediately.
"Gray, your clothes are missing again." Cana mentioned as she stumbled by, probably drunk like usual.
Gray looked down and saw his body covered by nothing except a pair of black boxers, and a silver cross necklace hanging around his neck. "AGH!!" he exclaimed, sprinting out of the room while trying to cover his body with his arms.
"Gray-sama is so manly!!" Juvia cheered from the side of the room.
(Name) looked in the direction he had gone, disappointed since he had wanted to go on another job with other guild members. "Hey (Name)! Over here!" Mirajane called from the bar. (Name) complied, and sat at the bar in front of Mirajane. "Looking to do a job with someone?" she asked. (Name) nodded. "I've got some S class quests that came in today if you want one. Master Makarov said you were clear to do them. In fact, me and Laxus were planning on doing one of them later today, do you want to come?" she asked kindly.
"Really?" (Name) asked, forgetting about his disappointment instantly.
Mirajane smiled at him. "Of course!"