Chapter 4: If Only He Knew

For three days straight Brick has been watching Blossom. From the beach to the park and back home.

"Come on, Red," Brick said impatiently as he flew up and sat in a tree. Blossom and her family were at the park and Blossom went to sit on the bench and read. Brick thought this was the perfect opportunity. He slowly and silently climbed down from the tree and walked up to Blossom. He was about to touch her until he realized he wanted to have some fun with her. So he climbed back into the tree and became devious.

"Hey, Red!"Brick sing-song whispered. Blossom shot up from her book, Oliver Twist, and looked around her. Brick had to hold in his laughter. She could have sworn she heard Brick's voice but she didn't see him. Blossom looked around one last time. There was no one there, so she went back to her book. But Brick wasn't done. This was way too much fun. Maybe she'll slip up and say why I spook her.  Brick thought so he did it again.

"I see you, Red!" Brick lullabied. Blossom started shaking. She didn't know where or who that voice was coming from. She looked around. She didn't see anybody. She looked at her family. But they were fine. Blossom went back to her reading.

"It's not real; It's all in your head." Blossom tried to convince herself as she looked down at her book. Brick wasn't too satisfied. He needed this to work. He had to figure out what he did to scare her like this. If it doesn't work this time I'm going home. Brick thought to himself. He had to think of something that would make her spill. Something that would creep her out. But Brick was hella good at being creepy. Finally, he got it.

"It's okay, Red!" Brick whispered, "I won't hurt you." This time Blossom couldn't take it! She got up and flew around to see who or what was talking to her. Brick stood perfectly still and held his breath. Once again, Blossom didn't find anybody. So she sat back on the park bench and sighed.

"These nightmares have gotten to your head, Blossom." She said to herself. "You think he's here, but you look around and don't even find anybody." Brick almost shouted for joy. Nightmares!!! Brick thought as he flew home. She's been having nightmares about me!!! Brick had to think of something amazing to do with this information. And he knew exactly what he had in mind.