Chapter 8: Can You Keep A Secret?

For a whole month now, Bubbles had been watching Blossom sneak around with Brick. For a whole month Bubbles watched Blossom kiss Brick goodbye every night. Bubbles loved Blossom dearly but a secret like this she just couldn't handle. But today was going to be different though. Today was the day Bubbles was finally going to confront Blossom about this secret and figure out what was going on.

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

It was the beginning of August, now. One morning when Blossom was brushing her teeth in the bathroom, Bubbles burst in and locked the door.

"Whoa, Bubbles what gives?" Blossom said with annoyance. But Bubbles was staring at her with such a fierce look that it could stop a moving train.

"I want the truth and I want it NOW!!!" Bubbles growled. Blossom knew that this was too serious.

"The truth about what, sis?" Blossom said nervously.' She seriously couldn't know about me and Brick, could she?' She thought. The last time Bubbles looked like this, she went hardcore.

"Please don't play dumb with me Bloss. Come on we're sisters, I know when you're lying."Bubbles said while calming down. " And I know you date Brick, too." Blossom was shell-shocked. Bubbles did know. 'How come she have known?' Blossom thought to herself.

"For almost all of July, I've seen you sneak out to see him and kiss him goodnight every night." Bubbles said as if she had read Blossom's mind.

"I-I, um... well, we... uh"

"I thought that when something's going on with one of us, we at least tell someone. I know you would never tell Buttercup because she'll like have a cow and then explode but I thought you trusted me. We're 15 almost 16 now Blossom. We're not kids anymore and I can hold a secret these days." Bubbles said. The way she said it sounded like she was so hurt that Blossom would ever keep a secret from her. This whole conversation almost broke Blossom's heart. She started crying while trying to get her words out. Before she said anything Bubbles was already hugging her.

"Please don't cry, Bloss. I just wanted you to tell me the truth."

"I'm so sorry! I should've told you but I was scared of what you would say."

"It's okay. I won't tell anyone. I promise I won't." Blossom pulled herself together, hugged Bubbles tightly, and walked out of the bathroom. Bubbles followed her to their bed and sat down.

"Thanks for understanding, Bubbie."

"Ugh! You know I've always hated that name."

"Seriously? You never said anything."

"I learned to deal with it." They both laughed and Bubbles looked at Blossom sternly again.

"What?"

"So.. how did it happen?"

"How did what happ- oh me and Brick?"

"Um... YEAH!!!!"

"Sorry. Well, I started when I was having nightmares about him. So you were right in the beginning."

"I know it!!"

"Anyway, then somehow he figured and he was kinda bullying me about it, but then I told him what they were about and then he started to feel bad. So we started dating so he could make it up to me."

"But what happens when he thinks that you're okay again?"

"We already talked about that. We agreed that if everything goes okay then we'll stay together." Blossom was just about to finish until Buttercup walked in and announced breakfast. Blossom was more than happy that she could tell Bubbles the truth. Holding secrets was not her thing. After breakfast Blossom flew out to the junkyard to wait for Brick.