Chapter 9 New Moon

Over the Summer break I got more in-tune with my powers. I also helped Sam with the ones he gained for being my protector. But mostly I spent to whole summer with Jasper. I was asleep in bed when I was sucked into Bella's dream. Bella is running thought the woods looking for Edward.

"Edward." She yells

She comes to a clearing in the woods. She sees Edward standing in the sun, skin sparkling. She looks past him and sees a old lady.

"Gran?" She asked

Gran looks as surprised as Bella does.

"Stop - she'll see." Bella said

But Edward just smiles and steps into the sunlight. Sunbeams shatter off his skin like a thousand rainbow shards as if he were made of diamonds. A beautiful sight. Edward is now inches from Bella, still sparkling. She wraps a arm around his waist. She goes from looking at him to Gran. Where she see that Gran's arm is extended, as if she also holds someone. Bella and Edward move so they are only a few feet from Gran. Bella goes to present Edward but sees that Gran movements mimic Bella's movements to a tee. Bella reaches out to Gran only touch glass. Bella pulls her hand back to see that Gran is now surrounded by a giled frame. It's a mirror.

"Oh my God." Bella said

She soon realizes that's not Gran, but it is herself at the age of sixty - five years old. Bella spins to look at her perfect, eternally 17-year-old Edward. He takes her now wrinkled hand and kisses it.

"Happy Birthday." Edward whispers in her ear.

I then shoot up in bed to see dad in my door way. I get up and make my way in to Bella's room to see her awake.

"Happy Birthday Bella, Ana." Dad said

"Dad, we agreed, no gifts." Bella said

"No you agreed. Now then dad lay on the gifs." I said

Bella and Dad just laugh at me.

"At least mine's not wrapped." Dad says to Bella.

He hands her a digital camera. And then he hands me one.

"Okay, this is actually kind of great. Thanks, Dad." Bella said

"Yeah, thanks Dad." I said

He then hands us wrapped gifts.

"Goes with this one from your Mom. We coordinated - well, she coordinated me." Dad said

We open the gifts to see a scrapbook.

"To put your pictures in, record your senior year -- man, senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?" Dad asked

Touchy topic Dad.

"Not that old." Bella said

"I don't know. Is that a a winkle?" Dad asked

Bella is up and out of bed and to the mirror in less then 30 seconds, searching her face for the wrinkle.

"I was kidding." Dad said

"So not funny, Dad." Bella said

"Yeah I mean you know how much Bella hates her birthday." I said

Dad leaves the room and I follow heading to room to get ready for school. When were both finally ready we headed to school I decided to ride with Bella. When we arrive at school we get out, she looks around the parking lot looking for Edward.

"Wherefore art thou, Bella?" Mike asked

We turn around to see Mike, Eric, Angela and Jessica.