26 - Seeing Her Happy

Allyson stares at me in awe. Her eyes about to tear up, her mouth open in shock. "We...We're going to S...Seattle?" She gasps.

I grin, not able to contain my excitement either. "Yup! Our manager has booked us an event in Tacoma. I thought you might want to come."

She bites the lower part of her lip. But, then she furrows her brows. "Wait, what about my work?"

I grin again, feeling proud of myself right now. "I already took care of that, Allyson." I say, "Don't worry, ok?"

I almost hit my head on the window of the taxi when she throws her hands around me. "Thank you, Mark!" I feel her lips on my cheek and I feel it burn. Upon seeing me blush, she quickly pulls away and looks down at the ticket on her lap. 

I think it's the happiest I made her. I smile and watch her as she straightens the ticket, blinking many times to stop her tears from falling. 

We rush to pack our things once we get to the apartment, taking only the necessities. The guys are already at the airport waiting when we get there. Our flights in an hour and we're just in time to board the plane. 

It's a long ride to Seattle, but it was worth every minute. She talks about her brother and sister and how she misses them. She talks about her friends. Also, how she came to hate her mom. Now, I understand why she's very timid about sex, why she tried so hard to keep her relationship with Ryan. But, I guess she still falls easily. Like how she fell for Alexander in just weeks. 

This has actually been the longest, non-argumentative conversation we had. 

I feel her tense up when the plane is about to land. I take her hand and assure her everything's gonna be fine. 

"I just hope so," she sighs. 

I hope so, too. I've told my sister I am going to be in Washington, but I guess she can't leave my dad to come and take a peek. I mean....LA is miles away. If only I had more time, I'd go visit them. 

"Thank you," Allyson says again as we wait for our rides to come. 

"No problem," I smile, "Now, go and fix your problem. I'll give you the address of the hotel so if you need anything...."

I stop talking when she hugs me again. "I don't know what to say, but thank you." She says. "I'll make it up to you," she whispers. "I promise."

I hug her back. "Everything's gonna be ok, Allyson." I pull away just to hand her another ticket. "If you decide to go back to Korea with us," I explain. I just hope she does. 

____

The boys and I go straight to the hotel to change, we still need to practice for our performance on Wednesday. We have to nail this. It's a big chance for us to be known even before we debut. 

When we go back to our hotel at night, everybody is just beat up, including me. Jet-lagged and tired from practice, we immediately go to bed. 

The next morning, I see a notification on my Instagram. It's a picture of Allyson and her sibs. They're having breakfast together and she looks really happy. I'm just glad that her problems are fixed. 

'I'm happy to see you happy.' I comment. 

"So, is she ok now?" I didn't notice Jackson and Bam sitting beside me, looking at the picture on my phone, too. 

"I guess so," I say, all smiles. 

"Invite her to watch us then," Junior, who is laying on the bed beside mine, interjects. 

"Yeah, I already texted her," I say. 

"Let's do an event after the show," Youngjae excitedly says, propping his elbows on the bed and planting his chin on his hands. 

"NO!" I say too quickly. 

"C'mon," Jackson says, hitting my shoulder with his fist. "It'd be perfect. You helped her to come here. She's solved her problem. Soooo....."

"She wouldn't be able to say no." Bam finishes for him. 

"Guys," I huff, "You know what happened in the past events you'd set up. It's just jinxed I tell you."

"We just have to make sure she'd be there, right?" YG adds, coming out of the bathroom. 

Well, I guess it's now or never then. "Just don't think of dancing and serenading...that's just too much." I tell them, remembering their former plan. 

YG pouts. "But, we've already practiced for that."

"What?" I can't believe this. They're even more excited than me. I chuckle. 

"YUP!" JB says, "We've already talked to our manager and he said there's this small function hall in this hotel we can use."

"What?" These guys...really.... "And when did you plan on telling me this?"

"NOW?" Bam shrugs. 

"Ugh..." I groan, but grinning at the same time. I don't know what I would've done if it weren't for these guys. Yes, they're assholes most of the time, but they'd do anything for a friend. 

Since we have the whole day free, our manager let us go around the city to explore. We enter shops after shops, the guys buying whatever they can. 

"Hey..." Bam puts up a really cute stuffed panda, "Mark, let's buy this for Allyson." He says. 

I shake my head. "Who's courting who now?" I ask him, taking the bear from his hand and putting it back on the shelf.

"You have to at least buy her something." YG says. 

"She doesn't need those, ok?" I tell them, raising my brow. I'm really not one to spend on things that are not necessary. If I were to give her something, it would be one she would really need.

At night, we decide to go bar hopping. I quickly message Allyson. 

'The boys and I are planning to go out tonight. Wanna join us?'

Her reply comes after a few seconds. 'I'm out with some friends. Have fun.'

Friends? Uhm...Isn't Ryan her friend's brother? What if she's with him now? 

"Where are we going?" Jackson is asking when we exit the hotel. 

'Where are you?' I ask Allyson.

'Just some club in town.' She answers.

'What club?'

'Q'.

"I know this club," I tell the guys. 

"Where?" JB asks. 

"Just, follow me." I tell them. 

We get two taxis and I instruct the drivers to take us to 'Q'. It's not that far from our hotel so we get there in minutes. 

The club is really crowded even if it's a weekday. My eyes move from side to side, trying to search for that familiar face. 

Then, I see her. She's wearing a green halter top and skin tight jeans. Damn she's hot.