Separation

I was hardly aware of time passing as I stared up at the ceiling, not allowing myself to sleep as I knew what horror would await me there. Lexa had most likely departed from camp by now, riding with her accompanying warriors to where her people awaited in Polis. My steady concentration was interrupted when my mom burst in unannounced, her mouth already moving rapidly as she lectured me on my inability to follow instructions and do as I was told.

Letting the sharp words flow over me I made no comment as she expressed her disapproval and returned my gaze to the ceiling once more. After realizing that her words were having no effect she finally fell silent, performing a quick check up before leaving once satisfied that my health was not deteriorating due to my change of location. Peace fell once more and I was on the verge of falling into a light sleep when there was a heavy knock on the door, my eyes flying open at the unexpected sound.

'Clarke? You want to tell your bodyguards to let me in?' Raven called out from the other side of the door.

'Let her pass' I told the warriors and a second later the door was pushed open and Raven entered holding a large tray.

'Well hello stranger' she greeted me with a large grin, 'I thought you might be hungry.'

She crossed the room and placed the tray down on the bed, filled with a variety of food that she must have collected from the canteen. Just looking at the food made me aware of how ravenous I was, not having eaten a proper meal in a long time.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position as Raven placed the tray on my lap and took a seat at the end of the bed. She then watched with amusement as I began to devour the food with barely a pause between bites. 

'Sorry, this is the best food I've eaten in weeks' I apologised, making an effort to be somewhat more dignified in my manner of eating.

'Don't worry about it' she chuckled, pulling a face when I pulled the tray away from her reaching hand. 

'Come on Clarke, you're not the one who's had to listen to Abby complaining about your inability to follow instructions for the past hour' she complained and she did have a point so I lowered the tray to let her grab what she wanted. There was more than enough food left, it seemed my mom was trying to feed me up.

'So what have I missed around here?' I asked as I continued to enjoy the food, listening intently as she told me about the attack on camp and all of the events that had unfolded in my absence.

'You should've seen Lexa fighting, I wouldn't want to get on her bad side any day of the week, especially not now that I've seen her wielding a sword like she did' Raven continued, clearly in admiration of the warriors impressive skills.

Even just the mention of her name had the smile falling from my lips in a matter of seconds, it was hard to believe that she had been here not a few hours ago, even harder to think about how long it might be until I see her again.

'She'll back in no time' Raven said after a beat of silence, my eyes flicking up from my lap in surprise.

'What?' I managed to say, a smile spreading across Raven's face at my confusion.

'Lexa, she'll be back before you know it' she reassured me, her smile widening when I continued to stare at her in silence. 'Well as nice as this catch up has been I actually have work that needs doing.'

She pulled herself up from the bed, reaching back to take the now empty tray from my lap.

'And don't hide away in here forever Clarke, your mom said that you can get up and about over the next few days but it's whenever you're ready. I know everyone's desperate to see you' she told me, hesitating in the doorway to look back at me. 'See you around, don't be a stranger.