Chapter twenty

Chapter 20
Damien's POV

Words can not begin to describe how shocked I was to see the person I thought I'd never see again.
My brother stared back at me with the brown eyes so similar to my own and yet they had darker tones that showed his wolf had the most control. He had changed so much since I last saw him, almost 8 years ago.

He is 12 years older than me but you would think he was even older because his face is sunken in and his eyes no longer hold a twinkle of youth.

"Nice of you to finally join us, brother," he spat out at me whilst Isla stood beside him smirking. I always hated her.

"Im terribly sorry I couldn't be here sooner, it seems you have a nice, cost abode." I spoke with sarcasm but, for Bella's sake I honestly wished I was quicker. I spared a glance at her lying in the chair and cringed at the sight of her. If it wasn't for the slight rise and fall of her chest I would have thought she was dead.

"Let's get this over with quickly shall we. Do you want to give me back Bella the nice way or do i have to kill you both first?" I was not messing about, especially when Bella needed immediate medical attention.

"I think I should be asking the questions round here. After all, age comes before beauty!" My so called brother chuckled through brown teeth.

"Need I remind you I'm the most powerful alpha in the UK and possibly the world? Whereas you too are just evil, malnourished kidnappers who couldn't put up a fight if you tried!" I had had enough of there bullshit.

"Correction we are evil malnourished kidnappers with a gun filled with silver bullets... and we're not afraid to use them." Isla piped in before drawing a gun from her pocket.

The gun glistened in the light, given off by the single lightbulb in the dingy cellar. Isla pointed it straight at me and I felt a bead of sweat trickle down my forehead.

He let out an evil chuckle, "So. The question is; are you going to give up your entire pack or do we have to kill you and take it by force?"

*****
Amelia's POV

The whole day mywolf had been restless, walking around in my mind continuously. What's up? I mind linked her.

I don't know, but I feel like something really bad is going to happen... she seemed genuinely concerned, which worried me as she had always been right when her instincts felt weird.

Is it Damien? I asked, crossing my fingere that he'd be fine and putting the final invoice in the pack study filing cabinet.

Maybe. The mate bond is still strong, even though he blocked us out.

Shit, could he be in danger? I try to mind link him again but he is still blocking me out. It's no use.

Suddenly I hear a sharp knock on the door. "Come in!" I shout and the door is slowly pushed open.
Rob is standing in the door way.

"We have some information you may be interested to hear." He says, his face pale.

"Sit down then, you've got me all nervous." My palms were sweaty. This could be what my wolf was warning me about.

Suddenly I felt as if a wall had been taken down in my mind... Damien?!

***
Damien's POV

"are you going to give up your entire pack or do we have to kill you and take it by force?"

I was dumbstruck. What could I do. I'd rather die than give him my pack but firstly I'd rather not die and secondly he'd take it anyway with me dead. Finally how do I know he won't kill me anyway? Whatever I choose will ultimately be the wrong answer.

So I did the only thing I could do. Mind link my mate.

Sorry it's short I wanted to post something because I know it's been ages!!! Sorry and good luck to anyone else who had exams and I hope everyone has a great summer! I'll defo post more and more often 😉😂

Btw I can't view the complete chapter on my phone so if u could let me know if u can see more than a paragraph that would be awesome thanks ! And a new update will b up v soon xxx