Chapter twenty-two

Chapter 22
Amelia's POV

I was stunned. I couldn't move. My poor Damien was hurting somewhere near and we couldn't even find him! I felt the pain through the mate link which was both horrifying and reassuring because it meant he was still alive.

I could feel myself going into a panic attack. We were so close! I leaned my wolf head against the wall, tears streaming down my face. I couldn't breath and I couldn't help but think if only we had done something different. My head brushed against a hard out ward sticking part of the wall and I felt the wall shift. Jumping back in surprise my whole group watched in amazement as the wall shifted to reveal a torture chamber style room with my love lying on the floor with a tall man and woman peering over him. In silence I instructed the wolves to my side to take down my mate's captives which was easy as they had their backs unprotected. I saw a flash of fear in their eyes, noticing Isla and a man I couldn't recognise gaze at me for mercy. I shook my head and their necks were snapped.

I sprinted over to Damien who was lying on the floor with blood pouring out of his shoulder. I shifted back, not caring that I was completely naked.

I lifted my hand up to stroke his face. "Damien open your eyes please. It's me, you need to be strong babe."

I felt Damien take a sharp intake of breath, reaching his hand up to rest on mine. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "I love you so much, you know that right?"

"Of course. But I love you more. And if you dare pass out I'm going to kill you myself!" But it was too late. His eyes had closed again and his breathing regulated. Tears were pouring out of my eyes and I knew he needed medical attention ASAP.

"Luna, we found the girl! I'm afraid she's really hurt so we need to leave immediately." I heard a pack member shout but I was blind to anything other than my mate.

Another pack member came over in wolf form, tossing Damien over his shoulder and then nudging me back towards the exit. I managed to get my senses back and sprinted behind Damien back towards the pack house, leaving the other wolves to help and clean up the battle field.

Although I cared immensely for the welfare of the pack my mate came first. And right now I knew he was in a critical condition.

********

Hi guys hope everyone's ha a great summer! Two short chapters for you, don't forget to tell me what you think.
I think there will only be a few more chapters left of this story. I know where I want it to go and we are very nearly there! Thank you for all the support, I love you all!