Bloody Treasure (Part 2)

SARANGGANI, 1998:

Joey gathered his team and told them about the treasures that Allan revealed them. "Ano sa tingin nyo ang dapat nating gawin?"

"Kung totoo ang sinasabi ng Allan na iyon, baka manganib din ang buhay natin sa paghahanap dun?" Pia worriedly said.

"Baka pwedeng iendorse na lang natin sa local government ang paghahanap. Para hindi tayo mapahamak." Pops also added.

"Hindi pa tayo sure kung dito sa Saranggani ang location ng treasures." Joey answered.

"Diba, dapat nating kumpirmahin muna kung totoo may kayamanan bago natin ireport sa National Museum?" Jimmy suggested.

"Kung Philippine treasures ito at marami gaya ng sabi ni Allan, maaaring maraming magkainterest. May posibilidad na di ito maibalik sa gobyerno." Kempee commented.

"First, we need to investigate it secretly. We have to be discrete." Ryan reminded them.

"Sige, let's find out the authenticity of these treasures then saka na natin iinform ang government if it's really true. Bababa muna ako sa bayan bukas to observe and gather infos na pwede nating magamit." Joey said.

Everyone agreed and the meeting was adjourned. When everyone was gone, Joey brought out the map and the keys. He spread out the thick map and stared at it. It was an ancient map. For an ordinary person, it might be difficult to read it. But for treasure hunters and people like them, they have a means in finding out its equivalent location in the present time. He realized its location is not in Saranggani but somewhere else. Maybe Allan doesn't want his ex-partner to easily trace down the treasures so he travelled in different places to lose his tracks. He also stared at the 3 keys joined by a circular key holder. They are also ancient in design. If the treasures are pre-Spanish era, then the one who kept them when the Spaniards arrived used these keys to keep them safe.

After a few days of gathering data, Joey found out where the treasure is. He brought Kempee and Ryan with him to check its location. They were amazed to discover that it was true. It is a vast treasure indeed!

They left the location and kept it hidden the same way as it was before they came. Since it was already late, they decided to stay in an inn. They will just travel early next morning. Joey's sleep was cut by a knock on his door. It was Ryan and Kempee. They were worried about their family's safety because of the map and keys they are holding. They also wanted to protect the Philippine treasures.

Joey suggested, "What if, hatiin muna natin ang mga clues para sa kayamanang ito. Keep it in a place na di madaling makita. Once I made contact with the right person in the National Museum, bring the portion of our clue with you so we can surrender it."

The two men agreed. That night, the clues were divided into three. They made a vow not to tell it to anyone. The next morning they travelled going back to Saranggani. They informed the group that the treasures are real. Joey promised that he will immediately prepare the endorsement of the treasures to the government so their life won't be at risk and to ask permission for their group to officially study the treasures themselves.

The next morning, Joey is about to ride his pick-up truck when he saw Maine sitting beside the driver's seat. "Hi Lolo! Di ba sabi nyo pag mataas ang score ko sa exams na ibibigay ni Mommy, bibilhan nyo ako ng bagong toy? Naperfect ko po yung exam! Excited na ako makapunta muli sa bayan."

"Naku, apo. May importante kasing lakad ngayon si lolo. Pwedeng bang sa susunod na lang kita isasama?" Joey apologized. Maine was about to cry so Joey agreed to take her along. Maine then called Alden to come with them also. "Alden! Dali! Pumayag na si Lolo isama tayo sa bayan." Alden, who was just waiting for Maine's call, immediately opened the door of the back seat and sat. He is also excited to go to the town because he and Maine rarely go to downtown.

"Naku, dalawa na ang aalagaan ni Doc Joey. Hon, baka pwedeng samahan mo sila para di maaabala sa lakad si Doc?" Ryan asked Pia.

"O, sige. Kukunin ko lang yung bag ko para may pambili ng kung anuman ang ituro ng mga batang ito. Doc, wait lang." Pia agreed.

Once they reached the town proper, Joey dropped off Pia and the kids to the nearby market. He will just fetch them after his work is done. The kids happily roamed the market together with Mommy Pia. Joey was able to make contact with the National Museum. A representative of the museum will be coming to check the authenticity of the treasures. He fetched Pia and the kids and all of them were excited to go home. When they reached their home base, they were surprised by the chaos and wailing of the people. Jimmy, with bruises and bloodied clothes, approached them. He told them the sad news. Some armed men came to their base and looked for the map. Once they found it, they killed several people, including his son Kempee, Pops, and Ryan. Pia lost her consciousness.

To be continued...