The Diversion (Part 28)

16 hours ago

Alden, Maine and JOWAPAO came up with a diversion plan. Maine and Jose will travel to where the treasures are while Alden, Wally and Paolo will follow the clue to the Brooke's Point. If they will find something significant, they'll call each other. Alden told Maine to call a certain Tito Sen once she confirms the location of the treasures. He is in-charge of new discoveries in National Museum and Alden's mentor. Alden had prepared the documents for ocular before, but it just didn't push through because Doc Joey aka Rajah Killing was not able to give the map. When he called Tito Sen, he asked him to complete the documents for ocular that he started. Alden gave a heads up to Tito Sen of the danger if the information he gave him leaks out and to be ready for Maine's call anytime she confirms its exact location.

"Mag-iingat kayo Maine. Kung may maging problema, tumawag ka agad." Alden said.

"Kayo rin Alden. Mag-ingat din kayo. I pray our plan will succeed." Maine answered.

Alden feels bad not accompanying Maine but he wanted Maine to succeed. They needed this diversion. No one knows if their plan will succeed, but what if it won't? Will he be able to see Maine again? What if one of them will die? He might not have another chance to tell Maine how he feels. Alden made a quick decision. While Maine and Jose was about to ride on the van, Alden rushed and called her.

He asks her to go out of the van. He held her hands. While out of breath, he started talking "Hindi natin alam kung ano ang mangyayari. Hindi ko alam kung may pagkakataon pa tayong magkitang muli. Ayoko kong umalis ka na di ko nasasabi ang saloobin ko."

"Maine, mahal na mahal kita! Simula ng bata pa tayo. Iningatan ko ang puso ko para sa iyo. Akala ko noon di lang talaga ako handa pang mag commit kaya di ako nakikipagdate, yun pala iisa lang ang taong hinihintay ng puso ko. Ikaw yun Maine, narealize ko yun nung nagkita muli tayo." Alden confessed.

Maine was taken aback but was very happy.

She was surprised to learn her tears were falling. Those were tears of joy. Since she was young, there has been no other one.

Maine was relieved he finally confessed.

"Alden, noong bata pa tayo, ikaw na talaga ang minahal ko. At narealize ko nang muli tayong magkita, ikaw lang talaga ang mamahalin ko. Di ka mapapalitan ng kahit sinuman sa puso ko kahit saan lugar pa ako ipadpad ng panahon." Maine revealed.

They stood for so long and stared at each other. They were so happy to finally profess their feelings for each other. Alden held Maine's face, memorizing every line and shapes in it. He smiled and finally kissed her, first on the forehead then on the lips. It was a sweet and long kiss, a kiss born out of a pure young love tested by time and place.

JOWAPAO and the caretakers can't help but feel kilig witnessing the sweet moment of the two young hearts. They cheered for them.

Maine and Alden were crying and smiling after the kiss. They promise to be careful in their respective missions so they can see each other again. Maine and Jose travelled that night. Maine contacted the company where she rented the private plane. They will fly using a private plane again so they will not be traced easily. They carried the map and the 3 keys sans the boxes and the notes.

Alden carried the 3 boxes with the notes so if ever they'll be caught by Sam and his men they will not be suspicious if they check the boxes. Since they know that there might be people following them, it will be safe if someone will pretend as Maine so they will not be suspicious of their diversion. Paolo volunteered to be Maine since he has a talent for make-up. Wally will come with them since he knows they will also look for a bald one.

During their trip to Bakbakan Falls, they intentionally hired a guide and a driver to replace Jose and Paolo's presence for the goons to see. When they reached the village where they got the map, they thanked the driver and the guide and let them go home. They don't want for them to be involved in their trouble and get hurt in the process.

Maine and Jose arrived in Butuan City where the treasures are. They went to Brgy. Banza, in a church ruins besides a Balete tree.

"Eh, wala na yung simbahan,san pa natin hahanapin yun?" Jose stared at the bell tower, the only thing left of the church.

Maine looked at the map and followed its lead. Then she started touching the ruins finding some opening. Jose also helped her. After a few minutes, Maine heard a sound like a movement of something when she touched a stone. She removed the block of stone and saw a small portal that has a key hole on it. Maine tried to use one of the 3 keys and it opened. The portal is too narrow. It can only fit one person at a time. They entered the portal and tried to cover the doorway before going down. The inside of the ruins is wide and has two big chambers. Maine opened them using the keys. Right before their eyes is a vast of treasures!

To be continued...