Chapter 5

The pair remained standing silently in the room, the fire's flames dwindling as the last red embers were reduced to ashes.
Dipper turned away, his hands clasped in front of him.
'This can't be right' he thought. 'He's technically above me, as my king. I can't have feelings for him. How is this even POSSIBLE?!'
Bill smiled.
"It's indeed possible, pine tree" Bill purred, making Dipper stiffen.
"What?" Dipper asked foolishly, turning back towards the blonde.
"You seem to forget, Dipper, that I can read the thoughts of others. After all, I'm the head vampire of this clan" Bill stated, a hand reached up and straightened the crown of bones on his head.
"Damn it. How could I be so stupid?! Oh god! Bill, you probably heard-" Dipper started, but Bill silenced him by putting a hand up.
"yes, I did. And I must say, I'm flattered. But if you are truly serious about this feeling then there's going to be some changes" he continued.
"L-like what?" Dipper stuttered.
"At sundown tomorrow, once the slayers are dealt with, I will announce that you're my official mate. Plus I will have to mark you."
"Mark me? I thought you already did" Dipper replied, feeling slightly confused.
Bill let out a chilling laugh.
"Oh, pine tree. Don't you worry, I promise it will be quick~"

Gideon and Wendy scouted around the castle, Mabel staying put to watch for any blood-suckers that might come their way.
When all of a sudden, Mabel let out a muffled scream as a gloved hand covered her mouth, dragging her into the shrubbery.
Mabel pushed the creature off, gasping for air.
"What the hell was that for?!" she asked, rummaging in her pockets for her hammer and stake.
"Mabel, it's me" the male's voice said.
"what?!" Mabel snapped.
"It's me, Mabel. It's your great uncle, Ford" Ford repeated.
She looked up at the six-fingered vampire.
"F-Ford?" she quavered. Tears lingered in her brown eyes as she bit her lip.
"Ford! What did they do to you?" she choked back a sob, clinging to him, crying softly.
Ford held onto to her.
"It's alright, Mabel. It's ok. They.....used me for blood for a little bit before Bill surprisingly took pity and turned me into this creature. 'A good turn for a friend' he said. I don't know if it was better or worse; sure I'm not dead, but am I truly alive? I've missed you, Dipper and my brother Stanley of course" he explained, glancing at Mabel periodically while he told the tale.

His eyes showed a sombre melancholic glint when he remembered Stan had not survived the frenzy, trying to not remember his brother's screams for mercy.

Mabel smiled sadly, looking up at him.
"I missed you too, Grunkle Ford" Mabel sniffled.
"What happened to Dipper?" Ford asked, somewhat nervously.
Mabel sighed.
"That's why I'm here, why Gideon and Wendy are here. We need to kill Bill, Dipper's been turned as well."
"When did that happen?" Ford enquired, letting go of Mabel.
"A week ago" she answered.
"Oh no. And I take it you've got to stake Bill?" he sighed, to which Mabel nodded.
"Well, do what you have to, kid. Best of luck" he smiled, hugging Mabel one last time.
"Thanks, Ford" she whispered, before going into the castle.