Chapter 10

"I can't take this anymore!!" Mabel yelled, back at the Gleeful household, slamming her fist against the wall. Gideon flinched at her sudden outburst, his fingers slipping on the knife's blade as he sharpened it.

Mabel exhaled sharply and whipped around, her gaze on Gideon.

"I can't stand it! he's brainwashed my brother!" Mabel growled.

"He certainly has brainwashed Dipper, Mabel...with love" Gideon said plainly.
"We gotta choose out battles carefully, we can't risk losing each other or both to the vampires. I certainly won't allow it!" he declared.

"That's why we need to wait till the storm's finished, or we'll never get 'im..."

Mabel looked out the window at the stormy weather, the trees flailing in the stubborn wind.
"No.....no, no, no. I'm sick and tired of waiting. We're going to the castle tonight, the both of us. Even if it kills me or you, WE are getting Dipper and the others back alive!" Mabel boldly stated while wrapping her fingers around the crucifix that dangled around her neck.

"I'm not letting those freaks take away my family. Not again, not anymore!" hot tears began to run down her cheeks as Mabel sank to her knees on the carpet, beating her fist on the floor.
"I can't! I can't let him die! I can't let him die!" she wailed hysterically.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Mabel, get a hold of yourself!" Gideon knelt down beside her and gave her a light shake.
"Listen to me, Mabel Pines. You and I are gonna save your great uncle, your brother and everyone else trapped in there! I promise ya! now is not the time to be upset, now is the time to prepare for the final showdown. Are ya with me, Mabel?"

Mabel looked up at Gideon, furiously wiping the tears from her eyes.
"Gideon Charles Gleeful, I'm with you" she answered.
With that, Gideon placed a soft kiss on her lips before standing up, leaving Mabel open-mouthed in shock.

"Gideon, what do we do? the army will be getting stronger and stronger as each night goes by, from each drop of blood they consume, each innocent life they take" Mabel said, looking worried.

"I have an idea, follow me" Gideon said, leading her to the back of the room. He pushed a button and a trapdoor opened, revealing a flight of stairs, both of them grabbing a flaming torch each and descending the stairs into what looked like a storeroom beneath the house.

"What IS this place?" Mabel asked.
"This is the training room" Gideon replied, lighting the fireplace with his torch and placing the stick in the torch holder.
"Now, then, prepare your weapon...."

 As the storm lingered in the air both of them trained by firelight, learning all there is to know and more about the vampires' weaknesses, sparring with each other and targets to gain more strength and agility than before.

Once the training was complete, both of them loaded themselves with ammo, stakes, holy water and garlic.

The walls were littered with bullet holes and dents from the stakes being thrown wildly at the targets in the training room.

Finally, both of them were ready.

"Bill Cipher, head vampire of Gravity Falls.....prepare to die" Gideon and Mabel said in unison, both of them heading off into the unknown as the dawn of a new day began to break in the sleepy Oregon town.