Chapter 6

Note: So I don't tend to upload this one very much because I've come to a standstill with this story. I have loads of chapters written but most of them address the characters rather than the actual story. I have a lot planned for this story but can't seem to figure out how to get the plot started up despite the fact that I love writing this and re-reading it quite often. I hope there are people who enjoy it just as much as I do :)

--Laura

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're joking?" Angus exclaimed in what seemed like horror and I smirked at him slightly before shaking my head.

"When do I ever joke?" I asked in reply and he gave me the look that usually would make me squirm. It was the look that he and Rosa used on many occasions that told me they knew me better than I wanted them to. Knowing that I had failed despite every effort, to distance myself from people who could possibly hurt me, through them understanding me better than I did myself, would usually make me squirm because I knew that they held part of my heart in their hands and could break it easily since it was already fragile. I never liked knowing that because despite trying not to, I did love Angus and Rosa and they returned those feelings which made it even scarier since it had been a long time that I'd received parental love from anyone other than my Gran. I just hoped that when their baby was born, that they didn't forget me too much, even though that was a selfish thing to want. I suppose Winry and Al had been right in calling me selfish after all.

"Seriously though Bella?" he asked again and I shrugged before shaking my head, the both of us looking around the room as military personnel came and went, gathering their breakfast from the hall that Angus and I were sitting in, waiting for my squad to arrive.

The hall itself was fairly large, but it was nowhere near as exquisitely large as a ballroom. It did have an old feeling about it because of the wooden beams running along the ceiling to give the ceiling extra support, but apart from that the room itself looked fairly modern, keeping up with the times. It was a white colour, which I found strange that the room looked like it should be a hospital room, despite the serving counter that extended and took up the entire far side of the room and served anything that any member of the military could ever want for breakfast. This is had been mine and Riza's idea, especially since some of the military personnel didn't have families who they could rely on to do such a thing for them. A lot of them, especially the younger ones if they didn't live with family for whatever reason, had to look after themselves which was difficult because of the stress and responsibilities of being a soldier. Riza and I had decided to persuade Roy in giving this facility for his men and breakfast and lunch were provided here for everyone as well as an evening meal for those who the kitchen staff were aware needed it. The evening meal was only for those who had filled in the correct paperwork to receive it since some soldiers could go home to families who would cook and look after them.

I glanced briefly at the wall where a clock was mounted above the serving counter and saw that there were still five minutes until seven. Angus had dropped by Mustang Mansion, I was calling it this because it gave me a good laugh whenever I thought of it, though I probably wouldn't tell Roy this. His head was big enough as it was. Even though we hadn't decided to meet up this morning, Angus had said that he and Rosa had had a feeling last night that I would want to talk to one of them at some point today and Rosa had encouraged him to get me out of bed early this morning and have breakfast with me. It was a good thing that Angus had woken me this morning, since he was the only soldier whom Roy and Riza had given access to their house, though I hadn't known this until this morning and they had done that so that Angus could drop by and keep an eye on me when they were away on Roy's Fuhrer duties. Basically Angus had known about me moving in with them before I had, which really pissed me off.