chapter two

"Oh Daniel," my mom said as she wakes up from her sleep she had to stay the night at the hospital to get her back to normal. "I am so sorry"

"it's okay mom" I said lying to my mom. It did hurt. I was very upset but I love my mom so I try to keep her from having to worry about me.

"No Daniel I promised I would never do it again.....i just feel so bad for doing this to you." she said tearing up in the corner of her dark blue eyes.

"No mom it is okay you tried, I should have been there earlier to keep you from doing it." I said trying to make her understand I was okay.

"No Daniel there are no more chances left for me. I have decided to go to a twelve step program and leave you here with our neighbors." she says crying balls of tears from her face.

"NO MOM YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME." I say standing up starting to tear up.

"No son I have already decided after I heal up and they let me out I will get on a bus. That bus will take me to Memphis, TN." she says looking me dead in the eyes. Which was her way of saying she meant it.

"But mom your my only family I have left."I say finally letting my tears free to fall down my face.

"You will survive, you've always been the strong one of the two of us. Plus Mr. And Mrs. Johnson will be able to support you easier than me." she says with an sigh at the end.

"But mom you can't leave me..... I want let you go." I say grabbing her in a big bear hug.

"I won't be leaving you I will always be here," she says reaching in here stuff for a CD that is labeled I'll always be there. "Take this it is a CD with my voice recordings of me singing to you as a baby."

"I can't accept this mom. I-I just can't." I say.

"Yes you can. Do it for me. For us. For my welfare.....for love."

And that was the last time we talked. I now live with the Johnson's next door. It's nice but there are just to many rules.

Like:
Make your bed every morning.
Make at least a b on everything. (even though I am not at school right now.)
You should at least study for two hours a night.
Friends can come over but only the same sex. (Which is ironic because I am gay and they don't know. But basically all my friends are girls except Josephina which Hey I am alright with him coming over anytime.)
No foods that are mainly fats. My least favorite rule.

Stuff like this just makes me cringe, but where else would I go.

Ping ping

I lift my body off my new bed trying to get out of my constant thinking zone.

Who could that be throwing rocks at my window. I say in my head. I get up and look out the window and see none other than Jacob .