Coffee?

A/N: Hey guys! This one is based off of a request I got on my tumblr! If you're interested, go follow me! My username is profiler-in-training 😘 Enjoy! This one is a HotchxReader. Let me know how you like it!
~A
Xx

You and the team had decided to go out to the club after a long day in the office. You all ran home to get into something more club-appropriate. Otherwise, you'd all scream "feds" in your blazers. You were a little nervous simply because the most amazing, gorgeous, beautiful man in all of creation would be there. No pressure, right? Aaron Hotchner had haunted you in your dreams since you began working at the BAU.

You sighed and ran your fingers through your y/h/c hair. Looking into the mirror, you were certain that you'd always be in this position, wishing he would notice you. You didn't feel that you were the prettiest girl around, and definitely not something anyone would want to show off. And Hotch ran freaking triathlons and worked out every day and had a face sculpted like a Greek God. Your y/e/c eyes were dull, your y/h/c hair never cooperated, and the only thing you had going for you was that he was single, you were single, and you saw each other every day because of work. So, he had little to no other options...right?

Putting on a y/f/c dress that hugged your curves the right way, you smiled a bit. Maybe tonight, you could make some kind of impression on him. After all, this would be the first time he's seen you dressed up outside of work. You put some makeup on and fixed your hair as best you could and headed out to the club Derek had chosen earlier. You rolled your eyes as you saw him grinding up against some chick you were certain he wouldn't remember the name of later.

Your eyes scanned the club, and you saw their table. JJ saw you and waved you over, smiling. "Hey, y/n!" JJ and Emily said, hugging you as you sat down with them. "What did I miss?" You ask, avoiding Hotch's seemingly staring eyes. "We were actually about to go dance, come on!" The girls hopped up and turned around, waiting for you. "Uh...I don't really dance much. You guys go ahead!" You said, praying they'd just go. They gave each other a look and then some song came on that caught their attention and they forgot they'd even asked you.

"You don't dance?" You hear Aaron's voice. You looked up at him for the first time that night. He looked absolutely breathtaking in his white polo and jeans. Rossi smiled at the two of you and went over to the bar, leaving you to each other's company. "Well, not in clubs. People get too hands-y," you said, smiling. He chuckled, taking a sip of his drink. "You look beautiful tonight, y/n." You about choked on air when he said that. You caught his stare and felt your jaw hanging open a bit. "What?" He said, looking amused. "You just said I was-" "Beautiful? Yes. I did," He said, scooting over to sit beside you.

"I don't...I don't understand. I'm not pretty at all." You said, looking down at your hands. You felt his fingers lifting up your chin. "Y/n...you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my entire life. Ever since I laid eyes on you, I've wanted to tell you how I couldn't stop thinking about you. I only came tonight in hopes that I would see you." You felt heat rising in your cheeks as you tried to comprehend what he had just said.

"I never thought someone like you would take an interest in someone like me," you said, looking him in the eyes. "You're right," he said, as you felt your heart drop, "You're way out of my league." He winked at you and stood up, motioning for you to take his hand. "Miss y/n, would you do me the honors of going on a date to a little coffee shop I know of with me?" You smiled as you took his hand and stood up. "I thought you'd never ask," you replied as he put his arm around you, leading you out of the club. As the two of you walked out of the club, you could feel the eyes of your team staring you down, followed by a whoop from who you assumed was Derek. Hotch's arm tightened around you and you looked up into his gorgeous brown eyes as he smiled down at you and kissed your forehead.