Chapter 1 (Elizabeth Green)

Elizabeth's pov
It was raining day, it just started getting dark my finger traced the rain drops on the back window. My mom was driving and humming a little tune, my dad was looking at the map because we were lost very lost. "Are you okay back there Elizabeth?" My dad asked "Yes daddy I'm okay." My 4 year old voice came out squeaky and high. "Henry did you fin-" My mom was stopped by my dad yelling. "Rachel! LOOK OUT!" just like that the semi truck, smacked right into the side of our Tiny Toyota. Everything seemed to slow down, the car flipped at least 4 times. It landed on the roof, I didn't know what was going on. "Mommy!" I yelled but I couldn't hear myself talking. Their was a ringing in my ears, I screamed and cried for my parents. Asking why I couldn't hear. It seemed like hours but help came their was flashing lights and many people. I couldn't comprehend what was going on. I screamed and cried, why couldn't I hear I asked. I saw the movement of mouths but I couldn't hear them. I passed out from shock, I was to over whelmed.
***************
Elizabeth's pov
That was 12 years ago, I'm now 16. Still can't hear a thing, it's like having water in your ears. You can't hear but when you lean your head to one side to "get the water out" you can hear again. That's me, forever trying to get the water out of my ears. I sat at the cafe table waiting for my drink. "Here's your drink." My friend and waitress signed as she set down my drink. I smiled and replied "thank you." I signed back she nodded and waved bye than walked away. When someone is signing to me, they talk and sign. It helps us both better understand, while when I sign, I sometimes say the words I'm signing other times I don't. I drunk my frappé left a tip than left, I decided to stop at the library and read for a while. I stayed until the library was ready for closing, I said bye to the security officer and librarian. I was walking to my car, it was pretty dark. I hate walking to my car at night. I quickly walked past the ally but to my luck my bag got grabbed. I screamed and held onto it for dear life, he basically pulled me into the ally. I fought and screamed for him to let it go. I looked up at the robber, his fist came down hard on my face. I instantly let go of my bag, I held my face. My vision became blurry, I looked up again and saw the robber this time being beat up by some random stranger. The robber got up and ran away, the stranger picked up my bag and walked over. He squatted down In front of me, I watched his mouth as it moved. "Are you okay?" He asked I shook my head "he hit my face." I signed and spoke. He narrowed his eyebrows, I looked up into his eyes when he didn't say anything. Everything seemed to stop and stand still, after a while I came out of the trance. "Thank you for  helping me." I spoke to him while taking my purse. He nodded still looking at me, he helped me up. "Do you need a ride home or someone to walk you to your car?" He asked slowly so I could catch his words. "My car..can you walk me to my car?" I signed to him and said. The stranger nodded and put his arm around my waist for support. It felt nice for his arm to be around my waist, but it was weird I didn't even know him. He walked me to my car, I opened the door putting my purse inside. "I'm Alex." He said "Thank you very much Alex for your help I appreciate it." I said(signed) "I kind of don't want to leave a girl like you alone." He said I smiled."I can take care of myself." I said(signed). Alex smiled. He nodded, I told him goodbye than drove off. I got home and showered than got into bed. I thought about Alex, I hope I get to see him again.