Chapter fourteen: make it stop

Hello~ I'm sorry I know this is quite a short chapter, but I'll try to make the next longer .xx *

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

The doctor had contacted Jungkook again. He and the officers had talked to the man and he finally admitted he was drinking and driving illegally. He'd be sent to prison when he'd get better for some years, which made Jungkook feel better, but for some reason, it didn't satisfy him enough.

Jungkook didn't want to admit it, but he had been having strange dreams lately. Either it would be his imagination that Taehyung was pissed at him and blaming him for his accident, which Jungkook feared, or it would be about him hurting the truck driver. Sometimes he'd even kill him in his dreams. And the worst part is that Jungkook didn't feel bad or guilty when he woke up again.

But Jungkook knew too well than to actually kill that man; he could go to jail, and he'd leave Taehyung all alone, which he absolutely didn't want to.

Another thing Jungkook had noticed was that Taehyung seemed a lot more quiet than usual. He was already going quiet after concentrating on his learning and reading, but even quieter since they saw the truck driver.

At night, Jungkook would be startled awake from Taehyung's screaming in his sleep. "Shh," he comforted as he wrapped his arms around his body and patting him softly, trying to calm him down.

Taehyung would try to escape his grip, still in his sleep, whilst screaming and crying. "Stop! Stop it!" he cried loudly.

"Taehyungie, wake up," Jungkook said a bit more loudly, finally waking his husband up. "It was just a dream," he muttered whilst caressing his hair and kissed him on the head softly.

"I'm scared Jungkookie," Taehyung cried on his chest, "make it stop! I don't want to dream anymore."

Jungkook tried to calm him down. "It's okay hyung, it's okay," he comforted.

"I keep dreaming about the accident and when I could see," he cried.

It hurt Jungkook. Taehyung missed his sight. He dreamt of when he could see. He longed for it.

"You miss seeing, don't you?" Although Taehyung didn't answer, Jungkook knew it well without an answer. Did he blame him as well? No matter how much Taehyung denied, there must be even some slight judgement inside of him somewhere, wouldn't it? There was no way he only blamed the truck driver.

"Jungkookie?" Taehyung called his name, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Are you blaming yourself again?" Jungkook was about to deny, but the elder saw right through him. "Please stop doing that, it makes me sad."

"How can I not when I can tell how sad you become because of it?" he defended himself.

Taehyung sighed whilst moving out of the younger's grip and stuffed himself under the duvet. "That's why I don't like talking about it as it makes you overthink. You don't ever believe me when I tell you something." Taehyung seemed to have gone in a bad mood again. He turned his back against the black haired boy and tried to fall asleep again.

"Are you reading again?" Jungkook asked the brown haired male the following day when he sat alone in his office in silence.

"Yes, so please don't disturb me," he said, hint of bitterness in his voice. Was he still angry with me? Jungkook thought as his shoulders dropped. "Why are you still standing there?" He had stopped reading with his finger and was turned to where Jungkook was standing.

"S-Sorry," he muttered as he walked out whilst closing the door behind him. Why was he so bitter now?

The younger male went straight to the kitchen to make dinner for them both. When he was done and placed it on the table, he went towards his husband's office again. As he stood outside the glass door, he spotted the elder as he had started writing this time, concentration was written all over his face.

Jungkook waited outside for a minute to see if he stopped for a break, and that's when he grabbed the opportunity to notify him about the dinner.

"Hyung, the dinner's done," he announced.

Taehyung sighed. "I'm not hungry," he answered sloppily as he continued to write again.

That was that first time Taehyung rejected food. "But hyung, you have to eat." Taehyung glanced up, although they knew he couldn't see, but Jungkook was sure if he could, he'd be glaring at him, judging by his gaze. "F-Fine, I'll store the food for later," he whimpered by his husband's temper.

The younger went to eat his food and stored the rest of the food afterwards. He went to watch the television for a few hours, not noticing how many hours that had passed by already. When he glanced at the clock to check the time, it was almost midnight.

Jungkook's eyes widen at the sight. Had he been inside his office for so long without eating? The boy quickly jumped out of the sofa and headed towards the office his husband was in. As the male was in his eye reach, he was still sitting in the same position whilst writing. However, when Jungkook looked closer, he saw the elder crying whilst writing.