Chapter 18

I could feel arms wrap tightly around my waist and a warm breath on my neck. Stretching, I squinted my eyes; the sun was beaming in through the window.

Turning around, I knew who was behind me. Memories of last night flashed in my mind. I’m still in shock that it happened. Colton was really kissing me; he knew it was me because he said my name.

He was asleep peacefully, I admired his beautiful face. A smile appeared from my face. I felt happy in this moment. That kiss, last night, was amazing and very real. His soft lips on my skin made my body crazy. It shouldn't have happened while he was drunk, I feel like I took advantage of him. I feel like he didn’t really know what was going on but I couldn't stop. 

Colton moved slightly rolling over, he pulled his arm over his head covering his eyes. He groaned lightly moving his arm uncovering his eyes; he squinted and blinked a few times. Turning over he got up and looked around the room. His eyes landed on me and I gave him a half smile. I didn't know what to say, I was expecting him to blow out by now and ask what he was doing in here or where he was. He didn't say anything just looked down.

He looked like he was thinking; he rubbed his head and blew out a breath. We were both silent for a couple of seconds both just sitting in our positions not saying anything. He must be hung over.

"Do you want a drink-?"

"Ashlyn," he said in a croaky sleepy voice that sounded sexy as hell to be honest. He cleared his throat and spoke, “Look, what happened last night between us shouldn't have happened,"

Wait he remembered last night? I thought in his state he was in, he wouldn't remember, just like last time when he thought I was Alexis.

"Yes, I remember last night," he mumbled softly,” I remember kissing you."

My eyes met his, he remembered. I expected him to freak out or go off or do something about it but he didn't, he just stayed quiet.

"Why?" I mumbled glancing at him.

"Why, what?"

"Why… did you kiss me last night?" I spoke. I wanted to know why he kissed me last night. What this all mean?

He sighed heavily, "I'm not going to sit here and say that it was all the alcohol. I was drunk but... I know what I was doing when I kissed you."

"Then… why?" I whispered.

"It's hard to explain right now but… I wanted that kiss. I shouldn't have done it, last night shouldn't of happened but it did."

"What do you mean? Why is it hard to explain Colton? How can a kiss with me be hard to explain? When in the beginning, I told you about my feelings? You read the diary and you were angry at me. You didn't want this because it was wrong?!"

"That's why it’s hard to explain. I don't know what happened last night to make me kiss you."