chapter four

"Well it all started when I came out of my mother's womb and I saw the world for the first time. Liz was in the room with my mom instead of my dad because he was at his mother's house in America. My mother told me that Liz had stayed there for so long just waiting for me to be born. They were really close and that is why I was brought upon Lucas over here."

"Wait, so are you American or Australian?" Michael asked me with a confused look.

"American. Well, anyways, I was about two days old when I met Luke. His mom brought him up to the hospital to come see me and I have the polaroid Liz took from that day."

"You do?" Luke looked at me with a surprised look.

"Yeah my mom gave me all of her pictures one day before she uh, left."

"Where did your mom go?" Calum asked curiously.

"She uh, she passed away..." I said quietly while looking down.

"Shit I'm sorry. I was just curious."

"Its okay Cal, it happened a while ago."

"Well getting back to how we became friends, we always played together when we were younger. Oh and we would have lemonade stands in my front yard." I giggled quietly after Luke said that. I love being able to remember this stuff.

"Luke! I'm home!" Liz hollered from the top of the stairs. He rolled his eyes as he heard her come down to where we were at.

"Hello boys! Oh, who is this Luke?" I look up at her and smile.

"Oh my goodness! Teegan, is that you?"

"Its me." I say awkwardly as I stand up to hug her. She squeezed my really tightly and didn't let go for a long time.

"You look so much like your mother. You are so grown up! Luke, why did you stop bringing her around? Oh, boys these days. Does Andrew know you are here? I should go tell him. I'll leave you guys down here to hang out. Oh, and Teegan, its nice seeing you around again!" She walked up the stairs and shut the door quietly.

"Well... I guess she missed me.." We all awkwardly laughed.

"Do you guys wanna play truth or dare?" Michael asked excitedly. There was no answer from anyone as we sat down in a circle getting ready to start.

"I'll start, so Calum, truth or dare?" Michael asked.

"Um, truth I guess?" Cal questioned. Well, this would be a very boring night...

Eventually, we started having more fun and it was stupid things we were daring each other, like stick two pieces of popcorn up your nose and leave them there for the rest of the game or shove your foot in the toilet and leave it there for like an minute.

"Teegan, truth or dare?"  Michael asked excitedly.

"Dare." I say confidently.

"Take off your shirt." He says with a smirk. I immediately choke up because they don't know what I have underneath. They don't know that my dad abuses me. I have scars and bruises and cuts all over my torso. They all look at me waiting for me to do my dare, but I can't and I won't. I should've known that all they wanted was this. They're guys. That's all they want. Fuck I'm so stupid.

"No. I'm not doing it.  I should get going." I say as I get up and walk up the stairs. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"Teegan! Wait!" Michael  yells as he runs after me. I don't stop walking until I'm pulled back.  Fuck I was almost there. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"What's wrong? Why did you just get up and leave?"

"Can you please let go of me? I want to go home." I try to yank my arm away, but he has a strong grip. He looks at me for a couple seconds before he lets go.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you to do it. Don't be mad please. I-"

"I need to go home." The rest of the boys come out now and I'm almost in tears. I turn around and walk to my house. The next thing that happens is exactly what I need to boost my confidence and help me choke down my tears.

"Get the fuck in here you whore!" My dad yells from the porch. He walks over to me and yanks my hair and throws me on the ground. I'm in so much trouble. Fuck I forgot to tell him I was going over to Luke's house.  He starts kicking my side and he is overreacting majorly.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Ashton yells at my dad and starts to run over to me.

"Get the fuck out of here and don't tell anyone you saw this. Trust me, he'll kill you" I said to  Ash to try to get him to leave. He shakes his head and looks at my dad and punches him in the jaw. By now the rest of the boys are over here and Michael walks over to where I was on the ground and pulls my shirt down because it was half way up. I guess I did my dare. He helps me get up and the only thing I see is my dad beating Ash's face in.

"Stop! Fucking stop! You're gonna kill him!" I scream as I try to push him off of Ashton. Eventually he stops and walks inside like nothing happened. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. I don't want to look at Ash. I can feel the tears start to fall as I look at the rest of the boys.

"What the fuck just happened?" Cal questioned.

"Teegan, how long has he been like that?" Luke looks at me as he helps Ash get up.

"He has been like this for as long as I can remember Luke. He hasn't ever been different. I don't know what to do. If I go to the police, he'll have people hunt me down and kill me. It doesn't hurt as much when it's just him. Two more years and I'll be out of here. Don't tell Liz or Andrew or anyone. Oh god, you shouldn't have came to help me. This is all my fault, fuck."  I look at Ash and he is standing up on his own and he looks like he is okay, but his face is still so bloody.

"We have to tell someone, what if he does it ag-" Michael starts, but I don't let him finish.

"He won't do it again as long as I'm not around. It's okay. Just don't say anything, please." I say hoping that they wouldn't say a word.

"Please."