chapter eleven

I was embraced with the smell of fresh pizza and I immediately sat up. Jack was standing in front of the bed with three boxes of pizza.

"Oh my god, I love you." I say getting up and hugging Jack, mainly to get the pizza out of his hand. I take the boxes and lay them out on the counter. He knows me too well. One is peperoni, one is Canadian bacon, and the last one is macaroni and cheese. I know it sound weird, but it tastes fucking amazing. I dive into the macaroni pizza first.

"How are you?" Jack asks as he leans up against the counter next to me.

"Great, now that I have pizza." I hop up on the counter to sit on it. I didn't realize how tall he was until he laid his head on my shoulder from where he was standing. Hamlet jumped out of Michael's tight grip and slowly walked over to us. Jack bent down to pick him up, but he wouldn't let him.

"You've got one stubborn ass dog." Jack laughed.

"Hamlet just doesn't know you."

"Hamlet? What kind of name is that?"

"A cute one. Now shut the fuck up." I go back to stuffing this pizza down my throat. Calum wakes up to Hamlet jumping on his stomach.

"Do we have pizza?" He asks sitting up.

"Uh, no."

"Give me some please."

"But Jack got it for me."

"Three boxes?"

"Yeah. Do you not think I could eat all of this?"

"No, trust me I think you can. I don't want you to. Now can I please have a piece?"

"Go for it, kid."

       After Jack, Calum, and I demolished all of the pizza, the rest of the boys woke up. They all looked like their backs were out from how they slept, well except Michael because he managed to get to sleep with me in the bed.

"Tomorrow night, I get to sleep with Teegan." Luke said while trying to stand up straight.

"That depends on how long we have to stay here, Lucas."  And with that, the doctors came into the room. They said that we didn't have to stay any longer and I would just have to come back so they could remove my stitches. I picked up Hamlet and put on my shoes and took off the gown I had over all of my clothes. I just wanted to be out of here so fucking bad. The rest of the boys were behind me with either the stuff I forgot I had or the stuff they brought. 

"Can I drive?" I asked Luke while taking his keys.

"Do you know how?" 

"Yeah, I guess."

"No. You can't just guess how to drive."

"I've already got the keys so looks like I'm driving." I say as I sprint to the drivers side of the car. I've only driven once and I think I've got it down. Luke hops in the passenger seat next to me.  Ash gets in his car and I guess Cal and Michael are coming with us.

"Teegan, do you know what you are doing? My mom will kill me if I wreck this car. Why don't you just let me-"

"Luke, shut the fuck up and calm down. I'm not that retarded. I know what I'm doing." I put the keys in the ignition and get buckled. When I pull out of the parking lot, I hear Luke let out a small 'fuck'. Is he that scared?

"Will you play some music please?"

"No because it will distract you."

"Just turn on the radio." I hear Calum say behind me. The drive to his house was quick and easy. There was nothing to worry about. When we walked in to Luke's house, there was loads of people. All of the boys' parents and/or siblings were there. What the hell? Why were there so many people here?

"Mom? Why are there so many people here?" Luke whispers to Liz as she walks past us.

"We need to talk about something." She says with a serious face.

"Sit, please." Ann said from the other side of the room.

"Boys, you aren't in trouble or anything, we just want to talk about the tour and you guys traveling. Liz  is going with you because Luke is still in school and she is going to help him graduate and she will be there to watch you and make sure you don't pull any stupid stunts." Calum's mom said, I haven't met her yet, but I think her name is Joy.

"Teegan is going with you guys right?" Liz asks us and the boys nod.

"You are going to help take care of the boys right?" I think it was Michael's mom this time. I nod and look down.

"I don't want Mikey dying his hair, so please don't let him."

"Mom! Really?" Michael complains. She glares at him so he'll shut up.

"Teegan you look like your mom. You remind me of her so much." Joy says. I continue to look down. Why does everyone say that? She was so gorgeous and I look like a fucking burnt piece of lettuce.

"You have all of her features. When you walked in, I thought it was her." Joy laughs.

"I didn't know you knew my mom."

"We all did actually. I went to school with her when she moved here, which was a long time ago." Ann said.

"She has always lived in that house across the street. When your grandparents left, she stayed and took their house." Liz added.

"She always told us about you. When I first saw you, I remember how beautiful you were and I knew you would turn out to be a gorgeous young lady." They sounded so much like those relatives you don't see a lot but when you do, all they do is give you compliments. Liz looked down and sniffled. When she looked back up, she was crying.

"I'm glad you're back Teegan. It feels like there has been a weight lifted off my shoulders knowing that you are okay. I feel so bad for never checking up on you when you needed it and I should've never let you stay with your dad. I remember walking outside and seeing him scream in your face and then hit you and leave you on the front porch. I didn't do anything. I watched. I'm so sorry. If I would have told someone, you would've been okay and not put through hell. I'm sorry Teegan."

"Wait, what? Liz this isn't your fault. You couldn't have stopped him. No one could've. Look I'm fine now and that's all that matters." Liz nodded and smiled, but then got up and walked away. The rest of the moms left too. Like they just got up and walked away.

"Wow." was all Luke could say. We just sat in the living room. I didn't know what to think. I was honestly confused.