Planning The Future, Forgetting The Past

Finally, my period comes first thing in the morning, and really, I've never been so happy to get it before.

Since the grouch is downstairs, drinking coffee, and enjoying his little attitude game with me, I've decided to be nice and make him breakfast.

"What do you want? I can make pancakes, or waffles, or anything else you'd like" I grin at the feeling of the tests I'm hiding in my back pocket.

He glances at me, then away again.

"I'm still mad at you" I nod, crossing my arms.

"I've noticed, Mr. Mood" He glares at me when I give him a new nickname.

"I'm the one who has a mood? That was more like you last night. But forget about it, because it doesn't concern me, remember?" I sigh, slumping down in the seat across from him.

"Listen..." I grab his hand and he snatches it back.

I breathe in a deep breath to resist a fight.

I was gonna be the bigger person.

"That was totally wrong of me to say that, and you have every right to be mad at me. I was just kinda...off last night" He makes a face.

"Off? What do you mean, off? Or is that just another lame excuse?" He cocks an eyebrow, and I shake my head.

"No...it's different, just..." I sigh, wanting to tell him to look for himself as I reach in my back pocket.

"What?" I shrug and put the tests down in front of him.

"I'm not pregnant..." He looks up a little and smiles.

"You're not?" I shake my head, pointing to the words on the screen.

"Do I have to spell it out? Look" He picks all of them up, reading them.

"Well that's a relief...c'mere" He puts them down and scoots out his chair, holding out his arms.

I fake groan as I get up, sitting on his knees and resting my head on his shoulder.

His arms wrap around me, and his hands keep my legs up on him as he holds me like a baby.

"Can I ask you a really sincere question?" I loo up at him and give a nod.

"Sure" After resting my head back on his shoulder, I can feel him take a breath.

"Would you...I mean in all seriousness. Would you ever marry me if I asked you?" The question comes off as surprising, and I feel words catch in my throat.

I consider asking him if he's had enough sleep lately, because no one just comes out of the blue and asks that.

"Why? Why are you asking me that?" He shrugs.

"Because you always said you never wanted to get married, and you never wanted children. You just found out you aren't pregnant and you're so happy...I thought maybe when you said that, you really meant it" I shrug.

"I'm way more mature than I was then, Mike. People's thoughts change, people grow up" He sighs.

"You still didn't answer my question though" I sigh, kissing his nose.

"Why do you wanna know so bad?" His eyes are serious.

"Because I love you a lot, and I couldn't picture myself with anyone but you. So that pretty much explains that I'd like to marry you one day" I grin.

"...Yeah...I probably would marry you if you ever asked. And no, I don't need a big dramatic proposal" He smiles, kissing my cheek.

"Good, that's the answer I wanted to hear" I smile at him.