1.0 Ava Grace

"She has so much love in her heart.

But the thought of letting it out, showing her cards, scares her to death."

1.0 AVA GRACE

Ava Grace can remember the first time she fell in love, the idea of love itself.

Laying in the comfort of grandma Grace's California King-bed, Ava would drift off into a deep sleep with her grandmother's words lingering within her dreams. As Ava would hold her plastic water bottle of warm milk in her hand with heavy eyes, grandma Grace would rub Ava's forehead, filling Ava's head with romantic stories of the future – first kisses, dating, love.

Grandma Grace was sure Ava would find a boy she would adore with her heart and soul, who would in return love her with every breath and kiss he'd press upon her cheek. A boy, who would hold her hand while they shared the arm rest at the cinema and carry her into the ocean as they jumped over the waves crashing upon their waistlines. After years of stolen kisses and late night drives, Ava's dad would walk her down the aisle to meet the new man who would tend to her until death do them part. This boy would give her the world, bringing life to the dreams she carried when she snuggled up in her bed beside her mom or grandma Grace. Ava would fall in love with a man just as grandma Grace did with her grandpa and her mom her dad, and so on.

What grandma Grace failed to tell Ava was no boy would live up to the expectations she eagerly looked forward to as she grew. Not every girl becomes a cheerleader who steals the star football player's heart and not every childhood best friends become high school sweet hearts. Not every guy finds a girl beautiful and not every guy acknowledges a girls existence. Disney princesses were only a fairy-tale, an escape from the heartbreak of reality.

Not every story grandma Grace told Ava would be a dream that came to life. Happy endings were a figment of imagination, an idea of hope balancing in the mind to keep one at bay. Still, Ava would ignore the broken hearts – the hole within her chest – because once the sun fell and she was tucked away in her queen sized bed with no one but herself to tell her stories and rub her forehead, she still held on to the idea that one day she would meet the one who would capture her heart and lock it away with their personalized key.

Ava Grace was naive – that she knew. She desperately wanted the love her grandma would lovingly speak of, the love she would see upon her television screen and read in her romance novels. The problem for Ava was her heart was too big for the cage within her chest. She simply fell in love with everyone who looked at her with adoration in their eyes and showered her with any sort of affection; she happened to love everyone, just a little too much. Giving every boy to pass through her life a little piece of her heart, until she had nothing left.

 Giving every boy to pass through her life a little piece of her heart, until she had nothing left

Please note the chapters after this are in no particular order. Meaning, each chapter is a short story or one-shot within itself. The chapters will follow Ava's relationship with the boys she crosses path with, however, they may or may not follow each other in the timeline. I apologize if this seems confusing, be free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer :~) Thank you for reading! xo

A L S O,

This story is currently being updated on Radish Fiction! Therefore, while chapters are updated on Radish, they will have slow updates here on Wattpad. The first three chapters are free on Radish, and the following chapters will be available to read for free a week after being published or with the purchase of three coins :~) That being said, chapters 1-6 are already available up to read on Radish Fiction. Enjoy :-)